'Seinfeld' Twitter Account Imagines Tech-Issues Faced by the Characters in Modern Day
What if "Seinfeld" was still on air today? A new Twitter account @SeinfeldToday proposes some plots for a modern "Seinfeld", which incorporates contemporary problems to the classic TV show.
Many of the tweets posted on the account imagine how pop culture trends and technological advances would cause hilarity on the Jerry Seinfeld and Larry David-created sitcom. "Jerry breaks up with his girlfriend (Rashida Jones) because she Instagrams everything she eats. George tries to get a job with the Nets," one tweet reads.
Another proposed plot is, "Kramer is under investigation for heavy torrenting. Jerry's new girlfriend writes an extremely graphic blog. George discovers Banh Mi." Some other tweets read, "George tweets naked picture meant for a Direct Message, loses job. Elaine's new BF eats loudly. Krames does Bikram Yoga till he passes out" and "George goes crazy trying to decipher the fact that a pretty woman 'liked' his Facebook status. Elaine is kicked out of a movie for texting."
@SeinfeldToday account was created by comedian Jack Moore on Sunday, December 9. In less than 24 hours, it has had more than 62,000 followers. Moore, who was a big fan of "Seinfeld", said he was surpised by the reaction.
"So much of comedy these days depends on the Internet, and I think Jerry Seinfeld would have a difficult time building an audience online," said Moore, the editor of BuzzFeed Sports. "And his struggles would form some very funny plot lines, in addition to his reactions to all the material he'd find on the Internet," he added, gushing that there's a possibility the concept could expand.
- Nicki Minaj Teases Music Video for David Guetta's 'Light My Body Up' With On-Set Photo
- Watch Little Mix's Dreamy Cover of Rihanna's 'Love on the Brain'
- 'Walking Dead' Alum Steven Yeun and Wife Joana Pak Share First Photo of Their Newborn Baby
- Mama June Feels 'Like Frankenstein' After Skin Removal Surgery. Is She Giving Up?
- Blake Shelton and Gwen Stefani 'Torn Apart' by Her 'Flirtation' With 'The Voice' Contestant
- Katy Perry Reportedly Still Loves John Mayer. Will They Rekindle Their Romance?
- Trey Songz Slams Nicki Minaj: She Ain't Had S**t Before Me
- Han Solo Movie Adds 'Sing Street' Star Ian Kenny