Ty Burrell Replaces Christoph Waltz as the Interpol in 'Muppets' Sequel
Just a few weeks ago it was reported that Christoph Waltz was joining Walt Disney Pictures' "The Muppets" sequel, but it is now said that the actor has bailed out of the project. As a replacement, the studio has now tapped Ty Burrell to fill the part that Waltz has left.
Per The Hollywood Reporter, Waltz walked out of the project due to his busy schedule that prevented the studio from making a deal. He was originally set to tackle the part of an Interpol inspector.
The Muppets sequel will be set in Europe. Keeping the tradition in "Muppets" films, the part of Interpol inspector will be a pivotal human role that will stand apart. Other important human characters include a "Russian femme fatale" and "a male lead whose intentions are always in question."
The project will kick off filming in London this winter with James Bobin returning to the director's chair. He also pens the script alongside Nicholas Stoller. David Hoberman and Todd Lieberman are set to return as producers. Apart from Burrell, the project still hasn't tapped other human actors.
Known for his role in "Modern Family", Burrell recently lent his voice to Mr. Peabody in "Mr. Peabody & Sherman". He is also attached to two indie comedy flicks, "The Skeleton Twins" and "Switch".
The first "Muppet" film grossed $158 million worldwide, making it the highest-grossing "Muppets" film ever. It had Jason Segel and Amy Adams tackling the lead human character parts, but Segel had decided not to return to the sequel.
- Lady GaGa Hits Recording Studio With BloodPop, Mark Ronson and Kevin Parker
- Derek Hough Confirms He's Back on 'Dancing with the Stars', Cheryl Burke Also Returns
- Ruby Rose Splits From Girlfriend Harley Gusman
- Ariana Grande Kisses Mac Miller and Sits on His Lap at VMAs After-Party
- Justin Bieber Wins 8 Titles in Guinness World Records 2017 Edition
- Pregnant Blac Chyna Poses Completely Naked for Paper Magazine
- Sharon Osbourne Faces Backlash After Undergoing Plastic Surgery for Her Ageless Look
- At Rob Lowe Roast, Ann Coulter Ends Up on the Receiving End of Comics' Jabs