Ty Burrell Replaces Christoph Waltz as the Interpol in 'Muppets' Sequel
Just a few weeks ago it was reported that Christoph Waltz was joining Walt Disney Pictures' "The Muppets" sequel, but it is now said that the actor has bailed out of the project. As a replacement, the studio has now tapped Ty Burrell to fill the part that Waltz has left.
Per The Hollywood Reporter, Waltz walked out of the project due to his busy schedule that prevented the studio from making a deal. He was originally set to tackle the part of an Interpol inspector.
The Muppets sequel will be set in Europe. Keeping the tradition in "Muppets" films, the part of Interpol inspector will be a pivotal human role that will stand apart. Other important human characters include a "Russian femme fatale" and "a male lead whose intentions are always in question."
The project will kick off filming in London this winter with James Bobin returning to the director's chair. He also pens the script alongside Nicholas Stoller. David Hoberman and Todd Lieberman are set to return as producers. Apart from Burrell, the project still hasn't tapped other human actors.
Known for his role in "Modern Family", Burrell recently lent his voice to Mr. Peabody in "Mr. Peabody & Sherman". He is also attached to two indie comedy flicks, "The Skeleton Twins" and "Switch".
The first "Muppet" film grossed $158 million worldwide, making it the highest-grossing "Muppets" film ever. It had Jason Segel and Amy Adams tackling the lead human character parts, but Segel had decided not to return to the sequel.
- Steven Tyler Confirms Aerosmith's 2017 Farewell Tour
- 'Rogue One' Releases More New Photos. Also Get Detail of Mon Mothma's Bigger Role
- Taylor Swift Flies to U.K. to Meet Tom Hiddleston's Mom. See Picture of Their Happy Outing
- 'Game of Thrones' Season Finale Won't Slow Down the Pace, People Will Die
- Audrina Patridge and Fiance Welcome Baby Girl Kirra Max
- Getting Married? Tyga Calls Kylie Jenner His 'Wifey'
- Christina Aguilera Performs 'Change' on 'Jimmy Kimmel Live!' to Support Orlando
- Justin Bieber's Music Video Vixen Xenia Deli, 26, Marries 62-Year-Old Man in Lavish Wedding