Vince Vaughn and Glenn Beck to Launch New Reality Competition Series
Vince Vaughn and Glenn Beck are teaming up for a new reality show. Vaughn's production company Wild West Productions along with Go Go Luckey, which is founded by Gary and Julie Auerbauch, will produce "Pursuit of the Truth" that will air through Beck's online network TheBlaze.
The show will see 20 filmmakers competing for the grand prize, which is financing and worldwide distribution for their feature documentary film idea. A team of experienced producers and executives will sit on the judging panel and judge the contestants based on the validity of their idea for a documentary as well as their filmmaking abilities.
"Our goal is to create a powerful annual platform to help filmmakers tell important and engaging stories," says Peter Billingsley of Wild West. Joel Cheatwood, President and Chief Creative Officer for TheBlaze, adds, "The documentary film, particularly those that seek the truth with no agenda, is an important art form that is struggling to survive in this media environment."
The show is now looking for contestants through January 31. Those who are interested to join can submit their application online at www.pursuitofthetruth.com.
- Baby Groot Angrily Kills Ravager in New 'Guardians of the Galaxy 2' Teaser
- Shailene Woodley Pleads Guilty to Disorderly Conduct During Pipeline Protest
- Is Chris Brown's New Sex-Drenched Single 'Privacy' to Tempt Rihanna?
- Christina El Moussa Is Dating NHL Star Nate Thompson Amid Divorce From Tarek
- Hugh Grant Dances to Drake's Song in 'Love Actually' Short Film
- Cher's 'Serious Family Issue' Forces Her to Drop Out of Lifetime's Flint Water Crisis Movie
- 'Game of Thrones': Nikolaj Coster-Waldau Teases Big Jaime-Cersei-Brienne Development in Season 7
- Joseph Gordon-Levitt to Direct R-Rated Musical Comedy Co-Starring Channing Tatum