Jack White Calls Lady GaGa and Her Music 'Artifice'
Jack White made it clear that he is not a fan of Lady GaGa. The rocker said in a new interview with Esquire that the Mother Monster is "all artifice" with no meaning in her music.
"I don't think she lives it because it's all artifice," White told the January issue of the magazine. "It's all image with no meaning behind it. You can't sink your teeth into it. It's a sound bite." However, White realized that GaGa is only feeding the demand. "It's very of this age, because that's what people want," he added.
Speaking of the modern world, White lamented, "The goal of modern celebrity is to make yourself into the lowest common denominator: 'Hey, I'm a guy just like you. I like a beer, a football game'." He continued, "Especially in reality television, you'll see people will go as far as to make a fool out of themselves just to prove that."
White, who chooses not to join Twitter, also slammed the micro blogging site. "Twitter is the most perfect example of modern living. I think the only people who should have [Twitter accounts] are comedians. Because it's all about one-liners," he said.
One female musician that White certainly has a respect for is Alicia Keys. Back in 2008, the former The White Stripes member collaborated with Keys on the theme song of James Bond movie "Quantum of Solace".
- Oscar Accountants Issue an Apology Over Best Picture Blunder
- Halle Berry Rocks Big Curly Locks at the Academy Awards
- 'Batman v Superman', 'Hillary's America' Are Top Losers at Razzie Awards
- Nicole Kidman Passionately Kisses Keith Urban as He Naughtily Grabs Her Bum on Oscars' Red Carpet
- 'The Walking Dead' 7.12 Sneak Peeks: More Guns, More People, More Time
- President Donald Trump to Skip White House Correspondents' Dinner Following Tension With Press
- 'Cars 3' New Extended Teaser Introduces the Next Generation of Racers
- Lea Michele Gets Naked in Bed With a Guy Before Oscars