Jack White Calls Lady GaGa and Her Music 'Artifice'
Jack White made it clear that he is not a fan of Lady GaGa. The rocker said in a new interview with Esquire that the Mother Monster is "all artifice" with no meaning in her music.
"I don't think she lives it because it's all artifice," White told the January issue of the magazine. "It's all image with no meaning behind it. You can't sink your teeth into it. It's a sound bite." However, White realized that GaGa is only feeding the demand. "It's very of this age, because that's what people want," he added.
Speaking of the modern world, White lamented, "The goal of modern celebrity is to make yourself into the lowest common denominator: 'Hey, I'm a guy just like you. I like a beer, a football game'." He continued, "Especially in reality television, you'll see people will go as far as to make a fool out of themselves just to prove that."
White, who chooses not to join Twitter, also slammed the micro blogging site. "Twitter is the most perfect example of modern living. I think the only people who should have [Twitter accounts] are comedians. Because it's all about one-liners," he said.
One female musician that White certainly has a respect for is Alicia Keys. Back in 2008, the former The White Stripes member collaborated with Keys on the theme song of James Bond movie "Quantum of Solace".
- Rihanna Warns Fans Not to Play Pokemon Go at Her Concert as Beyonce and Adele Face Same Issue
- Disney Plans 'Han Solo' Trilogy With Alden Ehrenreich
- Chrissy Teigen and Kim Kardashian Fought With Their Husbands at Each Other's Wedding
- Karl Urban Debuts His 'Thor: Ragnarok' Look. See His Newly Shaved Head
- Matt Damon and Jimmy Kimmel Go to Couples Therapy Again. Does It Work This Time?
- Jeremy Renner's Ex Claims He Refuses to Pay Child Support
- Secretly Married? See Miley Cyrus' New Band on Her Ring Finger
- Meet the Ravagers From 'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2'