Howard Stern Signs Up for Another Season of 'America's Got Talent'
Howard Stern is officially returning for the next installment of "America's Got Talent". He dropped the news when hosting his SiriusXM show on Monday morning, December 3, and NBC has confirmed it.
"I'm very, very excited, honestly, about going back to 'America's Got Talent'," he stated. "I'm very excited to be working again with [executive producer] Simon Cowell and NBC and all the various folks who work there."
The shock jock additionally gushed as quoted by Newsday, "If I don't like the new judge, I'll hit the 'X' [buzzer] on the judge while they're talking. I'll be like, 'Shut up, no one wants to hear from you.' Believe me, if I was the only judge, I think the show would be terrific. You don't need the other judges, but all right. I gotta to learn to play with others."
In a statement, NBC president of alternative and late-night programming Paul Telegdy said, "Howard Stern's towering presence and opinions on last season's show as a new judge made a dramatic impact and added a sharper edge to the fascinating developments on stage."
He continued praising the radio personality, "We know that Howard believes in 'America's Got Talent' - which remains America's top-rated summer series - and that dedication comes across in a genuine way to our viewers who share his passion about our amazing talent competition."
While "AGT" has secured Stern for the upcoming eighth season, the show hasn't announced whether Howie Mandel will return for the new season or not. The show also has to find a new judge to replace Sharon Osbourne, who exited at the end of last season.
More America's Got Talent News
- Nicolas Cage Spotted Kissing Mystery Woman After Splitting From His Wife
- Video Premiere: Blake Shelton's 'She's Got a Way With Words'
- DC Superheroes Line Up for Duty in New 'Justice League' Concept Art
- Jay Leno Survives a Terrifying Accident While Filming His Car Show
- Kylie Jenner Wears Tyga's Sweatshirt Amid Reconciliation Rumors
- Jon Bon Jovi Meets Cancer Patient, Gives Her Guitar, Plays His New Songs
- Diane Kruger Called a 'B***h' for Speaking Up About Gender Inequality in Hollywood
- Lady GaGa Sparks Outrage From Her Chinese Fans After Meeting Dalai Lama