Adam Levine Calls 'Honey Boo Boo' Decay of Western Civilization
Adam Levine watched TLC's "Here Comes Honey Boo Boo" and he did not like it. The Maroon 5 frontman in fact found the perfect example of "decay of Western Civilization" on the reality series that stars seven-year-old beauty queen Alana Thompson.
In the December issue of GQ, Levine dished out, "Seriously, Honey Boo Boo is the decay of Western civilization. Just because so many people watch the show doesn't mean it's good. So many people witness atrocities and can't take their eyes away from them, but that doesn't mean they're good. That show is literally The. Worst. Thing. That's. Ever. Happened."
He did not stop there, adding, "It's complete f*cking ignorance and the most despicable way to treat your kids. F*ck those people. You can put that in the magazine: F*ck those idiots. They're just the worst. Sorry, I'm so sensitive to that - like, I don't know, man, it's upsetting. Just to clarify, I said, 'F*ck those people!' " Levine himself is a judge of reality singing show "The Voice".
"Honey Boo Boo" indeed has withdrawn both criticism and praise. Those in disagreement with Levine include Miley Cyrus, Tina Fey and Rosie O'Donnell. "The View" co-host Joy Behar, meanwhile, slammed the kid, "What's little Honey Boo Boo going to grow up to be? That's what I want to know? She's going to be a fat kid; she's going to grow up to be a big fat woman."
Since premiering on August 8 this year, the show has attracted millions of viewers. Amy Winter, general manager of TLC, previously said in a statement, " 'Here Comes Honey Boo Boo' has become a pop culture phenomenon. What you see is what you get and we are excited to share even more of Alana and her family's unbridled hilarity, sincerity and love with our viewers."
More Adam Levine News
- Katy Perry Joins Jennifer Aniston at 'Office Christmas Party' L.A. Premiere
- Kardashian Sisters Try to Block Blac Chyna From Trademarking Their Family Name. How She Reacts?
- Nick Cannon Hits Back at Dane Cook Who Shamed Him for Wearing Turban
- Johnny Depp Dubbed Hollywood's Most Overpaid Actor Again by Forbes
- 'The Bachelor' Season 21 Cast Photos: Meet 30 Girls Vying for Nick Viall's Heart
- Childish Gambino Releases Virtual Reality Video for 'Me and Your Mama'
- Photos of Topless Maisie Williams Surface Online
- Time Magazine Receives Backlash After Picking Donald Trump as Person of the Year