Gerard Depardieu Detained for Driving Scooter While Drunk
Gerard Depardieu was arrested by police in Paris for driving scooter while intoxicated on Thursday, November 29. According to Agence France-Presse, the French actor was brought to police station to have a test on his blood alcohol level.
The test result showed the alcohol level of 1.8 grams per litre in his blood, while the maximum limit allowed in France is 0.5. According to a source, the "Asterix & Obelix: On Her Majesty's Service" actor could face misdemeanor charges "after a period of sobering up".
The Peter Weir depicter in "Green Card" got into a crash, fell from the scooter, and injured his elbow when he was riding the scooter. The 63-year-old actor was the only one injured in the minor accident.
It was not the first time Gerard was involved in a transportation incident. In August 2011, the "Jean de Florette" actor pissed off Air France flight passengers after he urinated the aisle of the plane. The incident forced the plane to head back to its parking spot. At the time, he was also allegedly intoxicated.
August this year, a motorist in Paris filed a complaint of assault and battery after the "102 Dalmatians" actor collided with a motorist and hit him in the face. At the time, he also rode a scooter.
The veteran actor has starred in some famous Hollywood movies such as "Green Card" and "Babylon A.D.". He will next be seen in "Life of Pi". His best achievement in Hollywood was when he nabbed the Best Actor title at 1991 Golden Globe Awards for his role in "Green Card".
- Daniel Radcliffe Is 'Leaving Room' to Play 'Harry Potter' Again in the Future
- Nicolas Cage Spotted Kissing Mystery Woman After Splitting From His Wife
- Video Premiere: Blake Shelton's 'She's Got a Way With Words'
- DC Superheroes Line Up for Duty in New 'Justice League' Concept Art
- Jay Leno Survives a Terrifying Accident While Filming His Car Show
- Kylie Jenner Wears Tyga's Sweatshirt Amid Reconciliation Rumors
- Jon Bon Jovi Meets Cancer Patient, Gives Her Guitar, Plays His New Songs
- Diane Kruger Called a 'B***h' for Speaking Up About Gender Inequality in Hollywood