AC/DC Sell 48,000 Albums and 696,000 Songs on iTunes
AC/DC will be happy to know that their move to put their entire music catalog on the digital market was not in vain. According to reports from Billboard, the legendary rock group sold 48,000 digital albums and 696,000 song downloads via iTunes during their debut week.
The Australian band's classic 1980s work "Back in Black" still proved to be the most desired set and sold the most number of digital album downloads with 15,000. Their "Highway to Hell" album came in second but with lesser sales of just a little under 5,000 downloads. This was followed by the new set "Live at River Plate" with 4,000 downloads, "High Voltage" which sold just under 3,000 digital copies, and "Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap" with 2,000.
When it came to the song downloads, the 1990 hit "Thunderstruck" made it to the top of the tally with 85,000 downloads. It was followed by "Back in Black" with 68,000, "You Shook Me All Night Long" with 64,000, "Highway To Hell" with 50,000, and "TNT" with 40,000 downloads. Billboard added that there were a total of 14 songs from AC/DC that sold at least 10,000.
Before the band made the decision earlier this month to start selling their music online, they were one of the few artists who remained stubborn and skeptical about the digital music world. Country star Garth Brooks and rocker Kid Rock still haven't made their back catalog available as downloadable versions. However, Rock's new set "Rebel Soul" has been made available in iTunes.
More AC/DC News
- 'Game of Thrones' Showrunners Help Jimmy Kimmel Poke Fun at Hodor Twist
- Is Marriage on the Cards for Sandra Bullock and Boyfriend Bryan Randall?
- Chloe Grace Moretz Gets New Sweet Tattoo. See the Pic!
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' Star Frank Dillane Arrested Following Altercation With Security Guard
- Katherine Webb and NFL Star Husband AJ McCarron Welcome First Child
- George R. R. Martin Revealed Three Huge Twists to 'Game of Thrones' Producers. What Are They?
- Take a Look at Pink's Awkward Reaction When Her Celebrity Crush Johnny Depp Surprises Her
- Brad Pitt Saves Young Girl From Being Crushed by Excited Fans. See His Heroic Action!