Jared Leto Waxed Off Eyebrows to Portray Man With AIDS
Jared Leto is showing total commitment in his first return to movie. The 30 Seconds to Mars frontman underwent a drastic physical transformation for his role as a transsexual with AIDS in "The Dallas Buyer's Club", losing weight and waxing his eyebrows.
Making an appearance at the IFP Gotham Independent Film Awards, Leto drew the attention with the shape of his face and the absence of eyebrows. "I waxed my entire body, including my eyebrows," Leto said. "I've lost a lot of weight because I'm playing a young person with AIDS. It's been challenging but really inspiring, too."
As seen on the movie's set, Leto's character dressed up in black mini skirt and a pair of purple stockings. He also donned a long curly wig and sported smokey-eye makeup and fresh pink lipstick. The role, Leto admitted, has driven him to have more respect towards women. "It's a lot of work to be a pretty little girl. I have a newfound respect for women in general," he said.
"The Dallas Buyer's Club" is also starring Matthew McConaughey, who has lost 30 pounds to portray Ron Woodroof, a heterosexual man who was diagnosed with AIDS in 1986.
Leto previously also changed his appearance to play John Lennon's killer Mark David Chapman in "Chapter 27", gaining more than 60 pounds. He also slimmed down to portray drug addict Harry Goldfarb in "Requiem for a Dream".
More Jared Leto News
- Kanye West Robbed, Computers Stolen From His Studio
- 'Transformers: The Last Knight' Announces Big Reveal on May 31
- Dwayne Johnson Hints at Darker Hobbs in 'Fast and Furious 8' Image
- Paul Bettany Defends Johnny Depp Amid Amber Heard's Domestic Violence Accusations
- Khloe, Kourtney Kardashian, Tyga Celebrate Scott Disick's Birthday in Vegas
- Kate Beckinsale: Michael Bay Was Baffled Because 'My Boobs Weren't Bigger Than My Head'
- 'Maze Runner 3' Pushed Back to 2018 as Dylan O'Brien Is Still on the Mend After On-Set Accident
- PND Serenades Kylie Jenner After She Called Him Out for Deleting Her on Social Media