Jared Leto Waxed Off Eyebrows to Portray Man With AIDS
Jared Leto is showing total commitment in his first return to movie. The 30 Seconds to Mars frontman underwent a drastic physical transformation for his role as a transsexual with AIDS in "The Dallas Buyer's Club", losing weight and waxing his eyebrows.
Making an appearance at the IFP Gotham Independent Film Awards, Leto drew the attention with the shape of his face and the absence of eyebrows. "I waxed my entire body, including my eyebrows," Leto said. "I've lost a lot of weight because I'm playing a young person with AIDS. It's been challenging but really inspiring, too."
As seen on the movie's set, Leto's character dressed up in black mini skirt and a pair of purple stockings. He also donned a long curly wig and sported smokey-eye makeup and fresh pink lipstick. The role, Leto admitted, has driven him to have more respect towards women. "It's a lot of work to be a pretty little girl. I have a newfound respect for women in general," he said.
"The Dallas Buyer's Club" is also starring Matthew McConaughey, who has lost 30 pounds to portray Ron Woodroof, a heterosexual man who was diagnosed with AIDS in 1986.
Leto previously also changed his appearance to play John Lennon's killer Mark David Chapman in "Chapter 27", gaining more than 60 pounds. He also slimmed down to portray drug addict Harry Goldfarb in "Requiem for a Dream".
More Jared Leto News
- Ellen DeGeneres Punishes Audience Member for Stealing on the Show
- Report: Shin Min A Accompanies BF Kim Woo Bin Receiving Cancer Treatment
- Alexis Bledel Returns for 'The Handmaid's Tale' Season 2 as Series Regular
- Cheryl Signs Up for Private Boxing Sessions in an Attempt to Get Back Into Shape After Giving Birth
- Jake Gyllenhaal Loses His Legs in Boston Marathon Bombing in Intense Trailer for 'Stronger'
- 50 Cent Has the Hots for Helen Mirren Despite 30-Year Age Gap: 'She Turns Me On'
- Big Bang's G-Dragon Sparks Plastic Surgery Speculations
- Amy Poehler and Seth Meyers Revive 'SNL' 'Really?!' Segment to Mock Pro-Trump Protesters