Jeff Zucker Reportedly Chosen to Run CNN Worldwide
Expect CNN Worldwide to announce its new president in the coming days. The New York Times has learned from several news executives that Jeffrey Zucker has been chosen to run the cable news channel after a four-month search.
A source says of what Time Warner chief executive Jeffrey L. Bewkesand his deputy Phil Kent have been looking for in the candidate, "They want someone who has programming and management and cable expertise; someone who can be credible to the staff and to the business community." The source adds, "They know that this is a pretty tall order."
Zucker, who was the President and CEO of NBCUniversal from 2007 until 2011, is expected to replace Jim Walton, who announced in July that he would leave the top position in CNN at the end of this year. It marks the first big transition in the company in a decade.
Though it's said that Zucker is nearing the deal, a source notes that things still could fall apart. Neither Zucker nor CNN releases any comment on the report.
Zucker is currently serving as the executive producer of Katie Couric's nationally syndicated talk show, "Katie".
- Joanna Krupa Causes Internet Frenzy After Seemingly Posing Fully-Naked
- David Ayer Regrets That Joker Is Not 'Suicide Squad' Main Villain
- Robin Excitedly Tries on Different Costumes in First 'Lego Batman Movie' Clip
- Kendall Jenner Flashes Her Breasts in Sheer Top While Strolling Around Paris
- Kanye West Reportedly Ready to Continue His Canceled 'Saint Pablo' Tour
- Chelsea Clinton Branded Hypocrite After Defending Barron Trump From Cyberbullies
- New 'Powerless' Promo Features Crimson Fox Catching a Train
- Woody Harrelson Is Han Solo's Mentor in Upcoming 'Star Wars' Spin-Off