Jeff Zucker Reportedly Chosen to Run CNN Worldwide
Expect CNN Worldwide to announce its new president in the coming days. The New York Times has learned from several news executives that Jeffrey Zucker has been chosen to run the cable news channel after a four-month search.
A source says of what Time Warner chief executive Jeffrey L. Bewkesand his deputy Phil Kent have been looking for in the candidate, "They want someone who has programming and management and cable expertise; someone who can be credible to the staff and to the business community." The source adds, "They know that this is a pretty tall order."
Zucker, who was the President and CEO of NBCUniversal from 2007 until 2011, is expected to replace Jim Walton, who announced in July that he would leave the top position in CNN at the end of this year. It marks the first big transition in the company in a decade.
Though it's said that Zucker is nearing the deal, a source notes that things still could fall apart. Neither Zucker nor CNN releases any comment on the report.
Zucker is currently serving as the executive producer of Katie Couric's nationally syndicated talk show, "Katie".
- Are Jon Hamm and Jenny Slate Dating? Pal Says 'They're a Perfect Match'
- Emily Ratajkowski Parades Her Impressive Bum in Tiny Thong Bikini in Italy
- Going Too Far? Halsey Shades Britney Spears, Demi Lovato and Katy Perry
- Are Park Bo Gum and Jang Nara Getting Married?
- Will Ferrell's 'The House' Co-Star Speaks Up About Mariah Carey's Diva Behaviors on Set
- Here's Why Kenya Moore Kept Her Husband's Identity Secret
- Taylor Swift Makes Many Heartbreak Songs for New Album Despite Blooming Romance With Joe Alwyn
- Are They Hooking Up? Amber Rose Spotted Leaving a Club With 21 Savage