Jeff Zucker Reportedly Chosen to Run CNN Worldwide
Expect CNN Worldwide to announce its new president in the coming days. The New York Times has learned from several news executives that Jeffrey Zucker has been chosen to run the cable news channel after a four-month search.
A source says of what Time Warner chief executive Jeffrey L. Bewkesand his deputy Phil Kent have been looking for in the candidate, "They want someone who has programming and management and cable expertise; someone who can be credible to the staff and to the business community." The source adds, "They know that this is a pretty tall order."
Zucker, who was the President and CEO of NBCUniversal from 2007 until 2011, is expected to replace Jim Walton, who announced in July that he would leave the top position in CNN at the end of this year. It marks the first big transition in the company in a decade.
Though it's said that Zucker is nearing the deal, a source notes that things still could fall apart. Neither Zucker nor CNN releases any comment on the report.
Zucker is currently serving as the executive producer of Katie Couric's nationally syndicated talk show, "Katie".
- Kanye West Robbed, Computers Stolen From His Studio
- 'Transformers: The Last Knight' Announces Big Reveal on May 31
- Dwayne Johnson Hints at Darker Hobbs in 'Fast and Furious 8' Image
- Paul Bettany Defends Johnny Depp Amid Amber Heard's Domestic Violence Accusations
- Khloe, Kourtney Kardashian, Tyga Celebrate Scott Disick's Birthday in Vegas
- Kate Beckinsale: Michael Bay Was Baffled Because 'My Boobs Weren't Bigger Than My Head'
- 'Maze Runner 3' Pushed Back to 2018 as Dylan O'Brien Is Still on the Mend After On-Set Accident
- PND Serenades Kylie Jenner After She Called Him Out for Deleting Her on Social Media