'Dancing with the Stars: All-Stars' Crowns 'the Best of the Best' Dancer
"Dancing with the Stars: All-Stars" has chosen its winner after almost two months of intense rehearsals and performances. On Tuesday, November 27, Kelly Monaco, Melissa Rycroft and Shawn Johnson with their respective partners danced for one last time before the winner was announced.
Kelly and Val Chmerkovskiy got the jive for their instant dance, which earned 28.5 points. Len Goodman said, "You're clean, you're crisp," as Carrie Ann Inaba praised the pair for being "absolutely in-sync the entire time."
Melissa and Tony Dovolani danced a samba. They failed to keep pace with their flawless performances on Monday night as Len commented, "The interpretation wasn't quite as it was last night." Still, he added, "You have been my greatest pleasure to watch." Melissa got 28.5 points added to her total score.
Shawn and Derek Hough earned 30 points for their instant dance of cha-cha. "One thing is for sure, you're going out with a bang! That is a grand finale! Perfection!" Bruno Tonioli gushed. Carrie Ann added, "You started out the season as a star, and there's no way to end the season except with that all-star performance." The couple was asked to recreate their freestyle number earlier that night.
The results were announced shortly after that, with Kelly and Val landing on the third place. "The journey was amazing," the soap opera star stated, before praising her pro-dancer partner, "This guy is the most incredible man and he's the most talented dancer out there. He taught somebody who has no idea how to stand on both of her feet and talk at the same time how to dance gracefully."
Shawn finished in the second place, meaning that the Mirror Ball trophy went to Melissa and Tony. It was the first win for both the TV host, who previously participated in season 8, and Tony who has joined the show since the second season.
In addition to crowning the winner, the last edition of "DWTS" season 15 welcomed back eliminated contestants, Pamela Anderson, Kirstie Alley, Drew Lachey, Joey Fatone, Gilles Marini, Bristol Palin, Sabrina Bryan, Helio Castroneves, Emmitt Smith and Apolo Anton Ohno. They recreated the "Gangnam Style" and "Call Me Maybe" numbers from Guilty Pleasures week.
More Dancing with the Stars News
- Maksim Chmerkovskiy and Peta Murgatroyd Confirm Return for 'DWTS' Season 24
- Katy Perry Goes to 'Oblivia' Theme Park in 'Chained to the Rhythm' Music Video
- 'Hellboy 3' Is Dead, Director Guillermo Del Toro Says
- 'InHumans' Announces 'Game of Thrones' Alum as Maximus
- Hoda Kotb Introduces Newly-Adopted Daughter, Explains Baby's Name
- Karrueche Tran Accuses Chris Brown of Domestic Violence, Files for Restraining Order
- Han Solo Movie Offers First Picture of Cast Members in Millennium Falcon
- Priscilla Presley's Taking Care of Lisa Marie Presley's Twin Girls Amid Nasty Custody Battle