Angus T. Jones Calls 'Two and a Half Men' 'Filth', Mom Worries He's Exploited by Church
Angus T. Jones may have landed in hot water with "Two and a Half Men" bosses for his recent comment about the show. In a video interview for the Forerunner Chronicles, a Christian group, the young actor discusses a wide range of religious topics and trashes the long-running sitcom in the process.
"Jake from 'Two and a Half Men' means nothing. He is a non-existent character," he says of his character on the show. "If you watch 'Two and a Half Men', please stop watching 'Two and a Half Men'. I'm on 'Two and a Half Men' and I don't want to be on it."
"Please stop watching it and filling your head with filth. People say it's just entertainment. Do some research on the effects of television and your brain, and I promise you you'll have a decision to make when it comes to television, especially with what you watch."
He further hints that he's uncomfortable with being part of "Men", saying, "You cannot be a true God-fearing person and be on a television show like that. I know I can't. I'm not OK with what I'm learning, what the Bible says and being on that television show."
"Men" producers and CBS haven't responded to Jones' statement, but some believe that the actor may have violated his contract by saying bad things about the show. Some industry experts tell Entertainment Weekly that most actors' deals include disparagement clauses that disallow the actors to make negative statements about the show in public.
Meanwhile, Jones' mother thinks her son has been under a strong influence of his church, including when he's making such comment. "I'm concerned he's being exploited by the church," Carey Jones tells MailOnline.
Jones earns a reported $300,000 for each episode of "Men". He's been an integral part of the show since it first aired in 2003, portraying the son of Jon Cryer's Alan Harper.
- 'Stranger Things': Here's What Upside Down Is According to the Child Actors
- Ben Affleck and Jennifer Garner Grab Breakfast Sans Kids Amid Rumor They Call Off Divorce
- Cheryl's Mom Fuels Rumors Singer Is Expecting a Child With Liam Payne
- Lionsgate Is Open for More 'Twilight' Sequels
- Cara Delevingne Nearly Topless in Ripped Top for Puma Campaign
- See Tom Brady Sunbathing Completely Naked During Vacation With Gisele Bundchen
- Everyone Is Excited to Meet Superman in New 'Supergirl' Season 2 Sneak Peeks
- Nick Jonas Shares His First Photo From 'Jumanji' Set, but There's a Catch