Angus T. Jones Calls 'Two and a Half Men' 'Filth', Mom Worries He's Exploited by Church
Angus T. Jones may have landed in hot water with "Two and a Half Men" bosses for his recent comment about the show. In a video interview for the Forerunner Chronicles, a Christian group, the young actor discusses a wide range of religious topics and trashes the long-running sitcom in the process.
"Jake from 'Two and a Half Men' means nothing. He is a non-existent character," he says of his character on the show. "If you watch 'Two and a Half Men', please stop watching 'Two and a Half Men'. I'm on 'Two and a Half Men' and I don't want to be on it."
"Please stop watching it and filling your head with filth. People say it's just entertainment. Do some research on the effects of television and your brain, and I promise you you'll have a decision to make when it comes to television, especially with what you watch."
He further hints that he's uncomfortable with being part of "Men", saying, "You cannot be a true God-fearing person and be on a television show like that. I know I can't. I'm not OK with what I'm learning, what the Bible says and being on that television show."
"Men" producers and CBS haven't responded to Jones' statement, but some believe that the actor may have violated his contract by saying bad things about the show. Some industry experts tell Entertainment Weekly that most actors' deals include disparagement clauses that disallow the actors to make negative statements about the show in public.
Meanwhile, Jones' mother thinks her son has been under a strong influence of his church, including when he's making such comment. "I'm concerned he's being exploited by the church," Carey Jones tells MailOnline.
Jones earns a reported $300,000 for each episode of "Men". He's been an integral part of the show since it first aired in 2003, portraying the son of Jon Cryer's Alan Harper.
- Possible First Look at Superman's Black Suit in 'Justice League' Unveiled
- Keke Palmer Accuses Trey Songz of 'Sexual Intimidation' for Including Her in His Video
- Jennifer Garner Reportedly 'Suspicious' of Ben Affleck's Relationship With His Detox Nurse
- 'Saturday Night Live' Mocks Trump's Inauguration With Shirtless Putin
- Brad Pitt Is Living a Healthy New Life Following Angelina Jolie Split
- New Couple Alert? Iggy Azalea Spotted Making Out With Music Producer LJay Currie in Mexico
- Alicia Keys, Janelle Monae, Madonna Perform at Women's March on Washington
- Is Ellen DeGeneres' Marriage to Portia de Rossi in Trouble?