Discovery Channel Cancels 'Dirty Jobs' After Eight Seasons
After more than seven years airing, "Dirty Jobs" has gotten the axe. Host Mike Rowe breaks the news that Discovery Channel has pulled the plug on the reality show as writing in a blog to The Huffington Post, "A few weeks ago, I was officially informed that 'Dirty Jobs' had entered into a new phase. One I like to call, 'permanent hiatus.' Or in the more popular industry vernacular, canceled."
Admitting it took him "a few weeks to digest" the sad news, he claims, " 'Dirty Jobs' is a very personal show, and it's difficult for me to imagine a future that does not involve exploding toilets, venomous snakes, misadventures in animal husbandry, and feces from every species. Nevertheless, the future is here, and while it does not appear to contain any more 'Dirty Jobs', it will almost certainly include another Thanksgiving."
He goes on thanking Discovery, everyone at producing company Pilgrim Films & Television, the show's crew, fans and those who starred on the show. "Beyond your sophisticated taste in cable programming, you brought an unprecedented loyalty to a business known for fostering the exact opposite," he says.
"We stuck to the mission statement. We stayed small. We worked hard. And we had a hell of a good time. It was as they say, a very good run," he adds, before hinting at his future projects, "As for me, good things are in the works. Not as dirty perhaps, but exciting nevertheless."
"Dirty Jobs" has ended its production in September. The show is still airing its eighth season with the latest episode aired on Tuesday, November 20 and delivering 1.6 million total viewers and a 0.5 rating in the adults 18-49 demographic.
- Watch Ariana Grande and Bruno Mars Perform at Star-Studded We Can Survive Concert
- Kim Kardashian Angry at Beyonce for Not Reaching Out to Her After Paris Robbery
- Kim Zolciak Criticized for Posting Inappropriate Photo of 2-Year-Old Daughter Kaia
- New 'Game of Thrones' Photos Confirm the Highly Anticipated Meet-Up
- Pregnant Janet Jackson Steps Out in Full Islamic Dress
- Charlie Puth Cancels the Rest of His Tour Dates Because He's 'Extremely Sick'
- Chris Hemsworth Shoots Down Split Reports With Cheeky Instagram Post
- Kim Kardashian Said She Could 'Handle' Social Media Days Before She Got Robbed