Director David Twohy Reveals 'Riddick' Logo, Shares Updates on the Film
For a while, there have been no words about the production progress of Vin Diesel's upcoming film "Riddick". Giving some updates to fans, director David Twohy took to his blog to share what he's currently doing with the project. He also posted a picture of himself in a studio along with his team and in the background, there's a huge logo of the movie being featured on a screen.
"Been pulling 14-hour days trying to finish RIDDICK," so he wrote. "My typical day starts at 9am with intensive visual effects meetings, sweating out the details of our 900 VFX shots. Then I jet across town to the mix stage, Soundelux, where I supervise the sound, balancing out the often-competing elements of music, sound fx, sound design, and dialog."
Explaining further what's been keeping him busy recently, Twohy stated, "At night I hit the lab, Technicolor in Hollywood, staying until midnight to do 'DI work' - color-correction of the movie."
"This is where David Eggby and I have one last chance to get the images right, dropping in grads and power windows to finesse what we shot on set. It's a great tool, the Digital Intermediate. Kind of like Photoshop for movies. Gotta love it. Gotta love the challenge of bringing it all home."
In "Riddick", Diesel will return as the infamous Richard B. Riddick. Betrayed by his own kind and left for dead on a desolate planet, the bespectacled anti-hero fights for survival against alien predators and becomes more powerful and dangerous than ever before.
Soon, mercenaries from throughout the galaxy descend on Riddick. With his enemies right where he wants them, the anti-hero unleashes a vicious attack of vengeance before returning to his home planet of Furya to save it from destruction.
The R-rated movie, which also stars Karl Urban, Katee Sackhoff, Dave Bautista, Jordi Molla and Keri Hilson, still hasn't got a U.S. release date.
- 'Outlander' Casts David Berry in Pivotal Role of Lord John Grey
- 'Zombieland 2' Still Happening With Original's Scribes on Board
- Kim Kardashian Reportedly Furious Over Blac Chyna's Naked Photos for Paper Magazine
- Stephen Colbert Takes on Anthony Weiner's Sexting Scandal, Spoofs Beyonce's VMA Performance
- The Homeless Guy Accepting Miley Cyrus' Moonman at 2014 VMAs Is Selling the Trophy
- Beyonce's Daughter Blue Ivy Wears a $11,000 Dress to the VMAs Because of Course She Does
- 'Transformers: The Last Knight' Reportedly Eyes Liam Garrigan to Portray King Arthur
- No, It's Not Britney! Kourtney Kardashian Plays With Huge Snake in This Cringe-Inducing Picture