Jennifer Esposito Continues to Blast CBS for Her 'Blue Bloods' Dismissal
Jennifer Esposito continues to bash CBS for abruptly writing her character out of "Blue Bloods". In a new interview with "Fox Files", the actress exposed more truth behind the dismissal, saying "What happened was ugliness. It makes me sick."
Esposito, who plays Donnie Wahlberg's partner Detective Jackie Curatola on the drama, had criticized The Eye for its "shameful behavior". The actress collapsed on set in August and had to take a medical leave for circumstances related to her Celiac disease. But when she returned for work, the job was no longer there.
"I have been in the business for 20 years. There has been so many [types] of injustice in this business, but it's what you sign up for; it is what it is," Esposito told FOX News Channel's Arthel Neville. "This, though, is something that is not about me. This is about a disease that people don't understand. What happened was ugliness. It makes me sick."
She continued, "Last week I was told I was on suspension, which meant I am still in contract, not being paid. It's completely illegal, but they also knew that I didn't have the money or the means to sue them." She also pointed out that fans of the show became disappointed when a new character was added to replace hers.
"When 'Blue Bloods' goes on on a Friday night, Twitter starts going crazy," Esposito said. "Someone released pictures of [Wahlberg] and a new partner - [fans] don't like that. People don't like change, especially with Donnie."
- Kylie Jenner Awkwardly Gets Turned Down When Trying to Carry Tyga's Son King Cairo
- Mandy Moore and Milo Ventimiglia Share Adorable 'This Is Us' Family Photos. See Who's Missing
- Ryan Reynolds Wants 'Deadpool' / 'Wolverine' Crossover to Happen
- Kanye West Sports Wedding Ring While Riding BMX Amid Kim Kardashian Divorce Rumors
- Watch Hailee Steinfeld, Fifth Harmony and More Perform at the 2016 Billboard Women in Music
- Reese Witherspoon Teams Up With Nick Kroll for EDM Rendition of 'Shake It Off'
- 'Puff the Magic Dragon' Gets Live-Action/Animated Hybrid Movie
- Mila Kunis Shows Impressive Post-Baby Body After Giving Birth to Son Dimitri