Jennifer Esposito Continues to Blast CBS for Her 'Blue Bloods' Dismissal
Jennifer Esposito continues to bash CBS for abruptly writing her character out of "Blue Bloods". In a new interview with "Fox Files", the actress exposed more truth behind the dismissal, saying "What happened was ugliness. It makes me sick."
Esposito, who plays Donnie Wahlberg's partner Detective Jackie Curatola on the drama, had criticized The Eye for its "shameful behavior". The actress collapsed on set in August and had to take a medical leave for circumstances related to her Celiac disease. But when she returned for work, the job was no longer there.
"I have been in the business for 20 years. There has been so many [types] of injustice in this business, but it's what you sign up for; it is what it is," Esposito told FOX News Channel's Arthel Neville. "This, though, is something that is not about me. This is about a disease that people don't understand. What happened was ugliness. It makes me sick."
She continued, "Last week I was told I was on suspension, which meant I am still in contract, not being paid. It's completely illegal, but they also knew that I didn't have the money or the means to sue them." She also pointed out that fans of the show became disappointed when a new character was added to replace hers.
"When 'Blue Bloods' goes on on a Friday night, Twitter starts going crazy," Esposito said. "Someone released pictures of [Wahlberg] and a new partner - [fans] don't like that. People don't like change, especially with Donnie."
- Video: Lady GaGa and Caitlyn Jenner Among 49 Stars Honoring Orlando Shooting Victims
- Justin Timberlake Is One Grumpy Doll in First 'Trolls' Trailer
- Stephanie March Reveals Botched Boob Job Amid 2014 Bobby Flay Marriage Trouble
- Peta Murgatroyd Confirms She's Pregnant With Maksim Chmerkovskiy's Baby
- Drew Barrymore in Talks to Host New Talk Show
- Kanye West Signs New Partnership With Adidas to Expand Yeezy Brand
- Dennis Quaid's Wife Kimberly Files for Divorce for Second Time
- Chris Brown Rants on Instagram After Falling Out with Manager and Publicist