People's Choice Awards 2013: 'Dark Knight Rises' and 'Avengers' Highlight Movie Nominations
The nominations for 2013 People's Choice Awards in movie categories have been announced, revealing a stiff competition between two of this year's fan-favorite mega-blockbuster superhero flicks "The Dark Knight Rises" and "The Avengers". The rival DC and Marvel movies are both eyeing the coveted Favorite Movie prize.
The Batman movie and the Earth's Mightiest Heores film are also competing in some other categories, including Favorite Action Movie and Favorite Movie Franchise. Their actors and actresses are also up for Favorite Movie Superhero and Favorite Face of Heroism awards respectively.
The two big superhero movies aside, nominations of PCAs 2013 also highlight the domination of "The Hunger Games" and "The Amazing Spider-Man" with 7 nods apiece. The novel-adapted film bags some nominations in coveted categories, including Favorite Movie, Favorite Movie Actress for Jennifer Lawrence, Favorite Action Movie and Favorite Movie Franchise.
The Spidey film, meanwhile, is up for such titles as Favorite Movie, Favorite Face of Heroism, Favorite Movie Superhero and Favorite On-Screen Chemistry for Andrew Garfield and Emma Stone. On the other hand, Kristen Stewart's "Snow White and the Huntsman" is another film with multiple noms. Apart from Favorite Movie, the twisted fairytale pic is up for Favorite Face of Heroism and Favorite On-Screen Chemistry for Stewart and Chris Hemsworth.
The PCAs nominees were announced for the media at Beverly Hills' Paley Center on Thursday, November 15. Jason Aldean, Anthony Anderson, Sophia Bush, Jason O'Mara, Monica Potter and Casey Wilson all took part in the announcement event.
The awards show will hold its ceremony in Nokia Theater, Los Angeles on Wednesday, January 9 with "The Big Bang Theory" star Kaley Cucoco serving as the host. It will be broadcast live on CBS at 9 - 11 P.M. EST. Voting for the winners in movie, music and TV categories begins online on People's Choice Awards official site from Thursday, November 15.
- "The Amazing Spider-Man"
- "The Avengers"
- "The Dark Knight Rises"
- "The Hunger Games"
- "Snow White and the Huntsman"
- Anne Hathaway, "The Dark Knight Rises"
- Emma Stone, "The Amazing Spider-Man"
- Jennifer Lawrence, "The Hunger Games"
- Kristen Stewart, "Snow White and the Huntsman"
- Scarlett Johansson, "The Avengers"
- Andrew Garfield as Spider-Man
- Chris Evans as Captain America
- Chris Hemsworth as Thor
- Christian Bale as Batman
- Robert Downey Jr. as Iron Man
- Emma Stone / Andrew Garfield, "The Amazing Spider-Man"
- Jennifer Lawrence / Josh Hutcherson / Liam Hemsworth, "The Hunger Games"
- Kristen Stewart / Chris Hemsworth, "Snow White and the Huntsman"
- Rachel McAdams / Channing Tatum, "The Vow"
- Scarlett Johansson / Jeremy Renner, "The Avengers"
- Potterheads, "Harry Potter"
- Ringers, "The Lord of the Rings"
- Rum Runners, "Pirates of the Caribbean"
- Tributes, "The Hunger Games"
- Twihards, "Twilight"
- Wait... What? Is Tiger Woods Saying He Doesn't Regret Cheating on Elin Nordegren?
- Marvel Pulls 'Invincible Iron Man' Cover After Accusations of 'Sexualizing' Its Underage Hero
- No More Sexy Selfies? Kim Kardashian Is Re-Emerging 'More Covered Up' and 'Less Make-Up'
- Drake Hints at Releasing New Music on His 30th Birthday. Get Details on His Celebration
- Blac Chyna Pokes Fun at Her Pregnancy Curves, Compares Herself to a Pokemon
- Amy Adams and Jake Gyllenhaal's Love Turns to Hatred in 'Nocturnal Animals' First Full Trailer
- Jay-Z and Beyonce Are Both Upset With 'Nut Job' Kanye West Following His Rant
- Justin Bieber Scolds Concertgoers for Screaming at Manchester Show