'American Horror Story' Renewed for Season 3
"American Horror Story" is to be back for another round. FX network announced on Thursday, November 15 that they have renewed the Emmy-winning series from "Glee" co-creators Ryan Murphy and Brad Falchuk for a third season.
The anthology series, which was conceived as a self-contained miniseries, has shown impressive ratings since season 2 debuted on October 17. The premiere had a 2.2 18-49 ratings share and was watched by 3.85 million viewers, making it the highest rating for the series to date.
Season 2, which is called "Asylum", also ranked No. 1 program in FX history among women 19-49 and a tie at the top among adults 18-34. The November 14 episode revealed the identity of serial killer, Bloody Face, and raked in 2.65 million viewers. Next week's episode will reveal the backstories of several characters, including Thredson, Arden and the Monsignor.
As his identity has been unveiled, the origin of Bloody Face will also be addressed in the upcoming outing. He shares a few secrets with Lana, who tries to get away from his lair by breaking her chains.
"Asylum" takes place in 1964 at the Briarcliff Mental Institution and follows the stories of the patients, doctors and nuns who occupy it. It stars Jessica Lange, Sarah Paulson, Evan Peters, Chloe Sevigny, James Cromwell and Joseph Fiennes.
More American Horror Story News
- Kanye West Robbed, Computers Stolen From His Studio
- 'Transformers: The Last Knight' Announces Big Reveal on May 31
- Dwayne Johnson Hints at Darker Hobbs in 'Fast and Furious 8' Image
- Paul Bettany Defends Johnny Depp Amid Amber Heard's Domestic Violence Accusations
- Khloe, Kourtney Kardashian, Tyga Celebrate Scott Disick's Birthday in Vegas
- Kate Beckinsale: Michael Bay Was Baffled Because 'My Boobs Weren't Bigger Than My Head'
- 'Maze Runner 3' Pushed Back to 2018 as Dylan O'Brien Is Still on the Mend After On-Set Accident
- PND Serenades Kylie Jenner After She Called Him Out for Deleting Her on Social Media