Report: Alexandra Wallace to Replace Jim Bell as 'Today' Executive Producer
"Today" will undergo another major shakeup this year. According to sources from NBC, the formerly top-rated morning show will bid goodbye to executive producer Jim Bell and replace him with Alexandra Wallace.
Bell's departure hasn't been finalized just yet, but he reportedly will return to his roots by taking a full-time position at NBC Sports. He's expected to succeed Dick Ebersol who quit the position as NBC Sports chairman in May.
Bell had worked at NBC Sports for more than 10 years before he led "Today" starting in 2005. He recently defended "Today" host Matt Lauer against the backlash over Ann Curry's ouster.
"[Lauer] is the host and does not have management responsibility. It was not his call. That was my call," he said in September. "And Matt, I need to say for the record, really should not bear any of the blame for that."
As for Wallace, she's currently serving as the executive producer for "Rock Center with Brian Williams". The Columbia University graduate previously worked at CBS News for 17 years.
More Today News
- 'Rogue One' Releases More New Photos. Also Get Detail of Mon Mothma's Bigger Role
- Taylor Swift Flies to U.K. to Meet Tom Hiddleston's Mom. See Picture of Their Happy Outing
- 'Game of Thrones' Season Finale Won't Slow Down the Pace, People Will Die
- Audrina Patridge and Fiance Welcome Baby Girl Kirra Max
- Getting Married? Tyga Calls Kylie Jenner His 'Wifey'
- Christina Aguilera Performs 'Change' on 'Jimmy Kimmel Live!' to Support Orlando
- Justin Bieber's Music Video Vixen Xenia Deli, 26, Marries 62-Year-Old Man in Lavish Wedding
- Mariah Carey Reportedly Wants to Withhold Sex Before Her Wedding