Report: Alexandra Wallace to Replace Jim Bell as 'Today' Executive Producer
"Today" will undergo another major shakeup this year. According to sources from NBC, the formerly top-rated morning show will bid goodbye to executive producer Jim Bell and replace him with Alexandra Wallace.
Bell's departure hasn't been finalized just yet, but he reportedly will return to his roots by taking a full-time position at NBC Sports. He's expected to succeed Dick Ebersol who quit the position as NBC Sports chairman in May.
Bell had worked at NBC Sports for more than 10 years before he led "Today" starting in 2005. He recently defended "Today" host Matt Lauer against the backlash over Ann Curry's ouster.
"[Lauer] is the host and does not have management responsibility. It was not his call. That was my call," he said in September. "And Matt, I need to say for the record, really should not bear any of the blame for that."
As for Wallace, she's currently serving as the executive producer for "Rock Center with Brian Williams". The Columbia University graduate previously worked at CBS News for 17 years.
More Today News
- Gregg Allman Dies After Battle With Liver Cancer, Ex-Wife Cher Mourns Him
- Watch a Preview of Halsey and Lauren Jauregui's 'Strangers' Video
- Beyonce Channels Michael Jackson in Throwback Photos
- Blac Chyna Licks Christina Milian's Boob in NSFW Pic
- Selena Gomez Spotted Lip Syncing to The Weeknd's Songs at His Show in Toronto
- Orlando Bloom's Naked Photo Is Spread All Over Hollywood
- Miley Cyrus and Liam Hemsworth Are Reportedly Trying for Twins
- Kim Kardashian Is Jealous of Kourtney's Banging Bikini Body