Report: Alexandra Wallace to Replace Jim Bell as 'Today' Executive Producer
"Today" will undergo another major shakeup this year. According to sources from NBC, the formerly top-rated morning show will bid goodbye to executive producer Jim Bell and replace him with Alexandra Wallace.
Bell's departure hasn't been finalized just yet, but he reportedly will return to his roots by taking a full-time position at NBC Sports. He's expected to succeed Dick Ebersol who quit the position as NBC Sports chairman in May.
Bell had worked at NBC Sports for more than 10 years before he led "Today" starting in 2005. He recently defended "Today" host Matt Lauer against the backlash over Ann Curry's ouster.
"[Lauer] is the host and does not have management responsibility. It was not his call. That was my call," he said in September. "And Matt, I need to say for the record, really should not bear any of the blame for that."
As for Wallace, she's currently serving as the executive producer for "Rock Center with Brian Williams". The Columbia University graduate previously worked at CBS News for 17 years.
- Kim Kardashian Endorses Hillary Clinton, Shuts Down Rumor That She Votes for Donald Trump
- Angelina Jolie and Her Kids Move Into Rental House Amid Brad Pitt Divorce
- Find Out the Gender of Olivia Wilde's Second Child With Jason Sudeikis!
- Orlando Bloom and Malin Akerman Have Steamy Threesome on Netflix's 'Easy'
- Megan Hilty and Brian Gallagher Expecting Their Second Child
- Marion Cotillard's Partner Breaks Silence on Brad Pitt Affair Rumors
- Julia Roberts to Play PTA Mom Framed for Drug Possession in True-Story Movie
- Pippa Middleton's Private Photos Stolen After Her iCloud Got Hacked