Report: Alexandra Wallace to Replace Jim Bell as 'Today' Executive Producer
"Today" will undergo another major shakeup this year. According to sources from NBC, the formerly top-rated morning show will bid goodbye to executive producer Jim Bell and replace him with Alexandra Wallace.
Bell's departure hasn't been finalized just yet, but he reportedly will return to his roots by taking a full-time position at NBC Sports. He's expected to succeed Dick Ebersol who quit the position as NBC Sports chairman in May.
Bell had worked at NBC Sports for more than 10 years before he led "Today" starting in 2005. He recently defended "Today" host Matt Lauer against the backlash over Ann Curry's ouster.
"[Lauer] is the host and does not have management responsibility. It was not his call. That was my call," he said in September. "And Matt, I need to say for the record, really should not bear any of the blame for that."
As for Wallace, she's currently serving as the executive producer for "Rock Center with Brian Williams". The Columbia University graduate previously worked at CBS News for 17 years.
More Today News
- Amber Rose Cozying Up to 'DWTS' Pro Val Chmerkovskiy at Her Birthday Party
- Fans Petition 'Deadpool 2' to Hire Quentin Tarantino After Tim Miller's Exit
- It's Not a Perfect Illusion. Lady GaGa Exposes Bare Crotch in Super Tiny Shorts
- Watch President Obama's Perfect Response to Donald Trump's Mean Tweet
- Khloe Kardashian and Tristan Are 'Getting Serious' as She Finalizes Divorce From Lamar Odom
- New 'John Wick: Chapter Two' Images Reveal Bruce Lee's 'Enter the Dragon'-Inspired Setting
- Kourtney Kardashian Channels Evil Queen in Halloween Costume
- Watch Dwayne Johnson Sing 'You're Welcome' in New 'Moana' Clip