Zack Snyder Talks Serious 'Man of Steel', Promises It's 'Not Like a Heart Attack'
Don't expect to see a cartoony take on Superman when "Man of Steel" hits theaters on June 14, 2013. Director Zack Snyder has made it clear that he would give a very serious tone to the upcoming superhero movie that would make it different from previous adaptations of the Kryptonian hero tale.
"It's a more serious version of Superman," Snyder told Los Angeles Times' Hero Complex. Elaborating further about what die-hard Superman fans could expect from his film, he said, "It's not like a heart attack. We took the mythology seriously. We take him as a character seriously. I believe the movie would appeal to anyone."
Snyder promised his version of Superman would not disappoint fans, claiming, "I think that you're going to see a Superman you've never seen before." He said, "We approached it as though no other films had been made. He's the king-daddy. Honestly that's why I wanted to do it."
Of why he decided to make the Superman film, the "Sucker Punch" helmer said, "I'm interested in Superman because he's the father of all superheroes. He's this amazing ambassador for all superheroes."
"What was it about him that cracked the code that made pop culture embrace this other mythology? What we've made as a film not only examines that but is also an amazing adventure story. It's been an honor to work on. As a comic book fan, Superman is like the Rosetta Stone of all superheroes. I wanted to be sure the movie treated it respectfully."
While his adoration toward Superman led him to direct "Man of Steel", Snyder recently claimed that he wouldn't join the race to land the prestigious helming duty for "Star Wars Episode 7" despite the fact that he's a big fan of the space tale. "I don't think I'd be interested in [directing it]," he stated. "I'm a huge 'Star Wars' fanatic. I just think doing [episodes] seven, eight and nine is just a slippery slope. It's a whole other mythological experiment I'm excited to see, but it's a lot of effort."
- Sia Splits From Husband of Two Years, Erik Anders Lang
- Is Angelina Jolie Giving Brad Pitt a Second Chance?
- Kanye West Leaves L.A. in the Middle of the Night Amid Kim Kardashian Divorce Rumors
- Iron Fist Shows His Martial Art Skills in New Photos of Netflix's Series
- Is Rihanna Not Happy With Beyonce Over Grammy Nominations?
- Wendy Williams Calls Nicki Minaj 'Insensive B***h' for Mocking Mentally Ill Woman
- Lady GaGa Pens 'Inspiring' Open Letter About Her Daily Effort to Battle With PTSD
- 'Bones': What Will Happen to the Jeffersonian? David Boreanaz Shares Photo of Destroyed Lab