Video: Anne Hathaway Spoofs 'Homeland' and Katie Holmes on 'SNL'
Anne Hathaway delivered her take on Showtime's hit series "Homeland" during her "Saturday Night Live" hosting gig. In a sketch aptly titled "Homeland", the "Alice in Wonderland" actress' version of Claire Danes' Carrie Mathison was emotionally unstable and deemed incapable of doing an interrogation.
Bill Hader's Saul tried to convince Carrie's boss David, played by Keenan Thompson, that Carrie should do the interrogation, saying, "She's only let me down every time I've trusted her, give me one reason not to trust her again." However, everything she did only proved otherwise as she was seen getting obsessed with her corkboard and making out with a suspect in an interrogation room.
In another sketch, Hathaway impersonated Katie Holmes, which she had done before on "SNL" in 2010. This time, she visited "The Ellen DeGeneres Show" and revealed her disguise to avoid being chased by paparazzi, which was smiling in a normal way.
Earlier on the show, Hathaway and Jason Sudeikis sang about Sunday to the tune of "One Day More". "We are here for six long days, writing and then rehearsing, and then it's done. It's kind of different from the five months I spent filming and rehearsing Les Mis," she compared working on "SNL" to working on upcoming film "Les Miserables".
The November 10 episode of the NBC variety show also featured Sudeikis' spoofing Mitt Romney's reaction to his defeat in the presidential election. Meanwhile, Jay Pharaoh's Barack Obama appeared in "Weekend Update" to celebrate his second term win.
Rihanna was the musical guest in the episode, singing "Diamonds" from her upcoming album "Unapologetic" and debuted "Stay" off the same studio installment.
Anne Hathaway's monologue:
Anne Hathaway spoofs "Homeland":
Anne Hathaway spoofs Katie Holmes:
Mitt Romney on a balcony cold open:
More Saturday Night Live News
- Mariah Carey Tells Friends That James Packer Is 'Mentally Unstable' and 'Violent'
- Britney Spears Reveals Theme of 'Slumber Party' Video
- Dakota Fanning's Parents Are Divorcing After 27 Years of Marriage
- Kevin Jonas Welcomes His Second Child With Wife Danielle
- Mariah Carey's Rep Reveals Lovers' Quarrel in Greece Leads to Her Split From James Packer
- 'Will and Grace' Revival in the Works
- Jealous Rob Kardashian Under Investigation for Threatening Blac Chyna's Alleged Lover
- 'Cormoran Strike' Series Based on J.K. Rowling's Novels Lands at HBO