Coldplay's Drummer Lands 'Game of Thrones' Cameo
What would a rocker do on a medieval drama series? "Game of Thrones" will provide an answer to the question as it has booked Coldplay's member Will Champion to make a cameo appearance in its upcoming third season, Entertainment Weekly reports.
The British musician will play a character who isn't far from his profession in real life - a drummer. No other details provided on his role, but he will join another famous musician, Snow Patrol's frontman Gary Lightbody, who was cast in a cameo role last summer.
"Game of Thrones" season 3 has been filmed since July for a March 31, 2013 premiere on HBO. It's filmed in several locations, which are Northern Ireland, Croatia, Iceland and Morocco.
The new chapter will feature a bunch of new characters, including Mance Rayder (Ciaran Hinds), Jojen Reed (Thomas Sangster), Meera Reed (Ellie Kendrick), Brynden Tully a.k.a. the Blackfish (Clive Russell) and Olenna Tyrell a.k.a. the Queen of Thorns (Diana Rigg).
Speaking of their decisions not to introduce too many characters at a time, showrunner David Benioff once explained, "If you hurl 300 characters at an audience, the story collapses under the weight of too many faces, too many names, and too many subplots."
He went on reasoning, "We need to be just as mindful of the audience members who have never read the books as we are of the readers; the series will fail if we only appeal to those who already know the characters. So we try to be parsimonious about how many new roles we introduce to the story and when we introduce them."
More Game of Thrones News
- Watch Dwayne Johnson Sing 'You're Welcome' in New 'Moana' Clip
- Katie Holmes Looks Gloomy Amid Rumor She Gets 'Dumped' by Jamie Foxx
- New 'Game of Thrones' Set Video Captures the Monumental Meeting
- Jay-Z to Host Clinton Concert Aimed at Young Black Voters in Ohio
- Here's the First Look at Cate Blanchett and Sandra Bullock on 'Ocean's Eight' Set
- Lady GaGa Annoyed by Traffic in 'Carpool Karaoke'. Get the Sneak Peek!
- Ryan Lochte Celebrates His Dog's 8th Birthday for Three Consecutive Years
- Rihanna Asks for Help to Find Her Missing Backup Dancer Shirlene Quigley