Video Premiere: Snoop Dogg's 'La La La'
Snoop Dogg embraces the Halloween spirit in his music video for single "La La La". The rapper, who just introduced a new moniker Snoop Lion, collaborates with Eli Roth, the movie director who's well known for his work in horror movies. Instead of filming a dark video, they host a fun-spirited party where the rapper gets some questions from his little guests on why he changed his name.
"I've always been a fan of my nephew Eli's work and had a vision of working with him for a minute now," he gushed. "For this video, I wanted to do something different - something I wasn't able to do with my other music. This collaboration really shows how creative we can get as a 1-2 combo. He's Dwight Howard and I'm Kobe Bryant. We feed off each other. It's a dope video and offers my fans a first official look at Snoop Lion."
In the video, Snoop dresses in saber tooth-tiger costume. With the help of some sexy female assistants, he leads the kids to do the "dancin' shakin' and bakin', makin' it move to the music and the sounds of Snoop Lion." The West Coast rapper, who claimed to be the reincarnation of reggae legend Bob Marley, explained the concept, "A lot of kids, a lot of costumes, you know lion in the jungle, just having a good time."
"La La La" is taken from Snoop's latest studio effort "Reincarnated" which is expected to be released in early 2013. "It's one of those records that just celebrates fun, trick or treat in so many words," he said before quickly adding, "It's definitely not no seasonal work, it just happens to drop on the Halloween season, but it's not a seasonal situation. It feels good yearly, annually, as long as you play it it's gonna feel good no matter what time of the year it is."
Snoop Dogg's "La La La" Music Video
More Snoop Dogg News
- Oscar Accountants Issue an Apology Over Best Picture Blunder
- Halle Berry Rocks Big Curly Locks at the Academy Awards
- 'Batman v Superman', 'Hillary's America' Are Top Losers at Razzie Awards
- Nicole Kidman Passionately Kisses Keith Urban as He Naughtily Grabs Her Bum on Oscars' Red Carpet
- 'The Walking Dead' 7.12 Sneak Peeks: More Guns, More People, More Time
- President Donald Trump to Skip White House Correspondents' Dinner Following Tension With Press
- 'Cars 3' New Extended Teaser Introduces the Next Generation of Racers
- Lea Michele Gets Naked in Bed With a Guy Before Oscars