Snooki, Lindsay Lohan and Kim Kardashian Tweet About Hurricane Sandy
Snooki, Lindsay Lohan and Kim Kardashian weighed in on hurricane Sandy which was coming to the East Coast over the weekend. Those celebrities took to Twitter to send messages to their friends, family, fans and everyone in the path of the storm to stay safe.
"Jersey Shore" star Snooki tweeted, "Ahhhhh our power went out!" before adding, "It's getting bad here in north jersey! I hope everyone is safe !!!!!" The new mom stayed inside with her fiance Jionni LaValle and their little boy Lorenzo Dominic LaValle.
LiLo posted, "WHY is everyone in SUCH a panic about hurricane (i'm calling it Sally)..? Stop projecting negativity! Think positive and pray for peace." She then posted a hashtag of #hurricanesassy that soon became one of the trending topics and spawned a Wikipedia page.
Kim wrote, "Back in Miami now. Missed the storm. I'm praying for everyone on the East Coast. I hope everyone is safe!" Her sister Khloe Kardashian added, "Praying for everyone on the East." Kylie Jenner, who's in Philippines for work, also tweeted a similar message.
Melissa Joan Hart posted, "I have at least 2 family members in evacuation zones that haven't left and 2 more in the center of Sandy. Praying they stay safe!" Vinny Guadagnino added, "I heard someone say it best: we made it through #9/11 we can make it through anything . #NewYork #SANDY."
Others like Mindy Kaling jokingly stated, "9 months from now hopefully we will have some cool Hurricane Sandy babies! On the west coast we never get to bond over weather panic. We're like oh no an earthquake for 2 seconds, then go to spin class or whatever."
Larry King cracked, "Is #Sandy a boy or a girl? #Frakenstorm." Jerry Seinfeld also used his sense of humor to comment on the bad weather, "Mayor Bloomberg going with zip up neck sweater to fight Sandy. Shows preparedness. Windy: zip it up Storm over: back down."
While most people chose to stay at home, Jimmy Fallon and Kelly Ripa were at work taping their shows. "We sent our audience home just to be safe. But we are doing our show tonight anyway. Should be fun. #LateNight," Jimmy tweeted. Kelly, meanwhile, did the taping of "Live! with Kelly" alongside Michael Strahan and just a handful of audience.
- 'The Voice' Season 12 Sneak Peek: Watch 29-Year-Old J. Chosen Blow the Coaches' Mind
- Sinead O'Connor Apologizes for Saying Arsenio Hall Gave Prince Drugs
- See Lethal Charlize Theron in New 'Atomic Blonde' Poster
- Brooklyn Beckham Gets Dating Advice From Anais Gallagher
- Nicole Scherzinger Goes Underwear Free in Dazzling Dress at BRIT Awards After-Party
- 'This Is Us' to Bring Back Ron Cephas Jones in Season 2 After That Emotional Road Trip
- Gigi and Bella Hadid Go Vampy for Milan Fashion Week
- NBC's 'Taken' Opening Scene Reveals How Bryan Mills' Sister Is Murdered