Lindsay Lohan's Publicist Quits Amidst Drama With Her Father
Lindsay Lohan has to find herself a new publicist since her spokesperson Steve Honig has quit the job. Steve, who signed up as LiLo's publicist in May 2011, dropped off the position on Wednesday night, simply saying, "I have resigned," when asked about the matter.
Steve wouldn't detail why he parted ways with the "Liz & Dick" star, but stated, "I really feel very firmly that it's private and I don't want to say anything." Sources said it had nothing to do with the actress. Instead, his decision was allegedly made due to the tension with her father Michael Lohan as he hinted, "Michael wishes he were that important."
Lindsay previously had Leslie Sloane as her publicist before they called it quits in 2010. Steve, meanwhile, is currently also representing Hole's lead vocalist Courtney Love.
Steve's resignation came hot on heels of Michael's failed attempt to get Lindsay Lohan to enter rehab. Michael later claimed he got the blessing from her team to stage the intervention, but Steve said in a statement that her management team had nothing to do with Michael's plans. Michael then responded by calling Steve a "f**king liar" in a text message.
More Lindsay Lohan News
- Katy Perry Teases New KP4 Song 'Witness'
- J.Lo and Alex Rodriguez Are Head Over Heels for Each Other
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Attend Funeral for His Nephew
- Ed Sheeran Forgets Lyrics During Live Performance
- Watch Second Trailer for 'Justice League'
- Nicki Minaj Teases Music Video for David Guetta's 'Light My Body Up' With On-Set Photo
- Watch Little Mix's Dreamy Cover of Rihanna's 'Love on the Brain'
- 'Walking Dead' Alum Steven Yeun and Wife Joana Pak Share First Photo of Their Newborn Baby