Lindsay Lohan's Publicist Quits Amidst Drama With Her Father
Lindsay Lohan has to find herself a new publicist since her spokesperson Steve Honig has quit the job. Steve, who signed up as LiLo's publicist in May 2011, dropped off the position on Wednesday night, simply saying, "I have resigned," when asked about the matter.
Steve wouldn't detail why he parted ways with the "Liz & Dick" star, but stated, "I really feel very firmly that it's private and I don't want to say anything." Sources said it had nothing to do with the actress. Instead, his decision was allegedly made due to the tension with her father Michael Lohan as he hinted, "Michael wishes he were that important."
Lindsay previously had Leslie Sloane as her publicist before they called it quits in 2010. Steve, meanwhile, is currently also representing Hole's lead vocalist Courtney Love.
Steve's resignation came hot on heels of Michael's failed attempt to get Lindsay Lohan to enter rehab. Michael later claimed he got the blessing from her team to stage the intervention, but Steve said in a statement that her management team had nothing to do with Michael's plans. Michael then responded by calling Steve a "f**king liar" in a text message.
More Lindsay Lohan News
- Derek Hough and Tony Dovolani Not Returning for 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 24
- Colton Haynes to Make Live Singing Debut in Tribute Performance for George Michael
- 'Jurassic World 2' First Set Photo Arrives as Filming Begins
- Behati Prinsloo Wows on First Post-Baby Runway Show at Milan Fashion Week
- A Green Lantern Is Reportedly Confirmed in 'Justice League'
- New Photos Seem to Confirm Diane Kruger and Norman Reedus' Romance Rumors
- 'Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.': Is Nick Blood Returning in Season 4?
- Happy 'Twin Peaks' Day! Showtime Unveils Posters for Revival