Lindsay Lohan's Publicist Quits Amidst Drama With Her Father
Lindsay Lohan has to find herself a new publicist since her spokesperson Steve Honig has quit the job. Steve, who signed up as LiLo's publicist in May 2011, dropped off the position on Wednesday night, simply saying, "I have resigned," when asked about the matter.
Steve wouldn't detail why he parted ways with the "Liz & Dick" star, but stated, "I really feel very firmly that it's private and I don't want to say anything." Sources said it had nothing to do with the actress. Instead, his decision was allegedly made due to the tension with her father Michael Lohan as he hinted, "Michael wishes he were that important."
Lindsay previously had Leslie Sloane as her publicist before they called it quits in 2010. Steve, meanwhile, is currently also representing Hole's lead vocalist Courtney Love.
Steve's resignation came hot on heels of Michael's failed attempt to get Lindsay Lohan to enter rehab. Michael later claimed he got the blessing from her team to stage the intervention, but Steve said in a statement that her management team had nothing to do with Michael's plans. Michael then responded by calling Steve a "f**king liar" in a text message.
More Lindsay Lohan News
- Lil' Kim Cancels Performance at Essence Festival
- Tyga Romances Blonde Beauty in '1 of 1' Music Video
- David Foster's Daughters: Yolanda Hadid Is Not Dying If She Continues to Be on Reality Show
- Alexander Skarsgard Laughs Off Wedding Plan Rumor
- Judi Dench Gets Her First Tattoo at Her 81st Birthday
- Keri Russell Reveals Her Baby's Gender and Name
- Debby Ryan Gets Probation After Pleading No Contest to DUI
- Justin Bieber Falls Again on Stage During His Concert