Lindsay Lohan's Publicist Quits Amidst Drama With Her Father
Lindsay Lohan has to find herself a new publicist since her spokesperson Steve Honig has quit the job. Steve, who signed up as LiLo's publicist in May 2011, dropped off the position on Wednesday night, simply saying, "I have resigned," when asked about the matter.
Steve wouldn't detail why he parted ways with the "Liz & Dick" star, but stated, "I really feel very firmly that it's private and I don't want to say anything." Sources said it had nothing to do with the actress. Instead, his decision was allegedly made due to the tension with her father Michael Lohan as he hinted, "Michael wishes he were that important."
Lindsay previously had Leslie Sloane as her publicist before they called it quits in 2010. Steve, meanwhile, is currently also representing Hole's lead vocalist Courtney Love.
Steve's resignation came hot on heels of Michael's failed attempt to get Lindsay Lohan to enter rehab. Michael later claimed he got the blessing from her team to stage the intervention, but Steve said in a statement that her management team had nothing to do with Michael's plans. Michael then responded by calling Steve a "f**king liar" in a text message.
More Lindsay Lohan News
- Drama 'Super Family' Is Under Fire for Using Jessica Jung's Name as a Deceased
- Orlando Bloom Spotted Having Dinner With Mysterious Brunette
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' New Season 3 Promo Shows How Brutal Survival Is
- Orlando Bloom Broke Noomi Rapace's Nose on 'Unlocked' Filming Set
- 'X-Men' TV Pilot 'Gifted' Reveals First Look at Stan Lee Cameo
- Travis Scott Dating Kylie Jenner Is Career Suicide, His Pals Think
- Not Pleased With Her Body, Kendall Jenner Is Dying to Be Like Emily Ratajkowski
- Nicki Minaj to Release a Surprise Project on Tidal