Jessica and Ashlee Simpson's Parents Divorcing After 34 Years of Marriage
Jessica Simpson and Ashlee Simpson's parents, Joe and Tina Simpson, are divorcing after 34 years of marriage. Tina filed the papers in McLennan County, Texas on September 24, a month following his arrest for Driving Under the Influence. She cited "discord or conflict of personalities" as reason of split.
"Tina and Joe Simpson have filed for divorce," a family representative said in a statement. "It is an amicable split and there is no third party involved. Any other related allegations are completely false. The family appreciates your respect for their privacy at this time."
There was a rumor soon after Joe's arrest in August that he was swinging the other way with a 20-something man. The former youth pastor and Baptist minister reportedly was with the man in his car when he was arrested. "The police report stated that there was someone else in the car with Joe. Some reports have stated it was Tina, but now the belief is that it may well have been a boyfriend," a source told National Enquirer.
The source went on, "Joe got the family together about two months ago and came out of the closet. He told them that he'd tried to continue in his marriage to Tina, but he couldn't go on any longer and deny the fact that he had these feelings for men."
None of the Simpsons have spoken about the divorce. Tina and Joe have listed their family home in Encino, California for sale for $4.3 million.
- 'The Bachelor' Recap: Corinne Can't Have 'a Normal Relationship', Nick Picks Top Three
- A Little Too Early? Kourtney Kardashian Lets 4-Year-Old Daughter Penelope Wear a Lip Ring
- 'Gossip Girl' Alum Penn Badgley Marries Domino Kirke in Brooklyn Courthouse
- 'Dancing with the Stars': 'Glee' Star Heather Morris Joins Season 24, Some Pairings Are Revealed
- DJ Khaled Films Top Secret Video With Justin Bieber, Chance The Rapper and More
- Oscar Accountants Issue an Apology Over Best Picture Blunder
- Halle Berry Rocks Big Curly Locks at the Academy Awards
- 'Batman v Superman', 'Hillary's America' Are Top Losers at Razzie Awards