Jessica and Ashlee Simpson's Parents Divorcing After 34 Years of Marriage
Jessica Simpson and Ashlee Simpson's parents, Joe and Tina Simpson, are divorcing after 34 years of marriage. Tina filed the papers in McLennan County, Texas on September 24, a month following his arrest for Driving Under the Influence. She cited "discord or conflict of personalities" as reason of split.
"Tina and Joe Simpson have filed for divorce," a family representative said in a statement. "It is an amicable split and there is no third party involved. Any other related allegations are completely false. The family appreciates your respect for their privacy at this time."
There was a rumor soon after Joe's arrest in August that he was swinging the other way with a 20-something man. The former youth pastor and Baptist minister reportedly was with the man in his car when he was arrested. "The police report stated that there was someone else in the car with Joe. Some reports have stated it was Tina, but now the belief is that it may well have been a boyfriend," a source told National Enquirer.
The source went on, "Joe got the family together about two months ago and came out of the closet. He told them that he'd tried to continue in his marriage to Tina, but he couldn't go on any longer and deny the fact that he had these feelings for men."
None of the Simpsons have spoken about the divorce. Tina and Joe have listed their family home in Encino, California for sale for $4.3 million.
More Jessica Simpson News
- Heidi Klum's Boyfriend Vito Schabel Denies Cheating Rumors
- 'Pitch Perfect 3' Shows 'Farewell Tour' in First Trailer
- Erin Andrews and Jarret Stoll Get Married in Sunset Ceremony
- Katy Perry Crowd-Surfing Twice at Glastonbury 2017
- Blac Chyna Involved in Car Accident
- Kelly Osbourne Shows Her Derriere While Struggling to Get Out of Her Dress
- Kendall Jenner Looks Unrecognizable in Her Latest Instagram Pictures
- Heidi Klum's Boyfriend Vito Schabel Spotted Kissing Another Woman in London