Tony Scott Had Anti-Depressant and Sleep Aid Before Death
Report regarding cause of Tony Scott's death was released by Los Angeles County coroner's department on October 22. It's revealed that he had a therapeutic level of anti-depressant mirtazapine (Remeron) and sleep aid zopiclone (Lunesta) at time of his death.
The "Top Gun" director, who jumped off the Vincent Thomas Bridge in San Pedro, California into the Pacific Ocean on Sunday afternoon, August 19, died of "multiple blunt force injuries" with drowning as another "significant" factor. His death was officially classified as a suicide.
Initial report suggested the brother of director Ridley Scott suffered from "inoperable brain cancer," but the family denied the rumor. When the coroner's report was released on Monday, there was no mention of cancer either. The full report is expected to be revealed in November.
Before taking his own life, Tony left a suicide letter at his office and another note containing his contact information inside a black Toyota Prius he parked near the bridge. He's 68 years old and survived by his wife and his twin sons, Frank and Max.
Tony was remembered in a private memorial held a week after his death. He was cremated and his ashes was kept by his widow Donna Wilson. A Scholarship Fund was set up in his name to benefit aspiring moviemakers studying at the American Film Institute.
- Comic-Con: 'Guardians of the Galaxy 2' Footage and 'Spider-Man: Homecoming' Villain Revealed
- Leonardo DiCaprio Reunites With Nina Agdal After 'Caught Flirting' With Another Woman at His Gala
- Watch Henry Cavill Walk Around in Mask and Hilariously Prank Will Smith at Comic-Con
- Comic-Con: New 'Fantastic Beasts' Trailer Shows Newt Scamander Recapturing the Creatures
- Gwen Stefani's Son Kingston Sings Blake Shelton's Song While Face-Swapping With Him
- Comic-Con: Check Out Trailers for 'Flash' Season 3, 'Arrow' Season 5 and 'Legends' Season 2
- Refusing to Enter Rehab, Lamar Odom Walks Out of Family's Intervention
- Kristen Bell Shares First Photos From Her Wedding While Tearing Up Talking About Hubby Dax Shepard