Justin Bieber and Nicki Minaj Break VEVO Record With 'Beauty and a Beat' Video
Justin Bieber and Nicki Minaj are setting the bar high for the most-viewed music video in one day. With their "Beauty and a Beat" music video that revolves around a fun pool party, the two artists have collected around 10.6 million views in just 24 hours on VEVO.
"24hr Record shattered w/ 10.6M VIEWS! No wonder @justinbieber is the biggest artist in the world!" VEVO tweets a congratulatory message to Bieber, Minaj and their armies of fans. The teen himself sends the femcee a thank-you note, "Hey @nickiminaj - thanks for being a part of this. :) #HISTORY."
Bieber released the video after pulling a prank on his fans, saying that an anonymous blogger was going to release personal footage taken from his stolen computer. The video itself takes place in a swimming pool at Raging Waters in San Dimas, California. It currently gets over 20 million views, and still counting.
Bieber and Minaj break the record previously held by One Direction. The U.K. boyband posted 8.2 million views in 24 hours with "Live While We're Young" music video.
Last January, Minaj's "Stupid Hoe" music video, which features her as a foul-mouthed barbie, "clocked 4.8 million views, the highest single-video VEVO number in 24 hours ever." Four months later, Rihanna surpassed her by gaining 4.9 million views with "Where Have You Been" video.
More Justin Bieber News
- Angelina Jolie Worries Brad Pitt Will Leave Her for Marion Cotillard
- Kanye West Kicks Off 'Saint Pablo Tour' and It Has Flying Stage. How Fans React?
- 'Frustrated' Shawn Mendes Slams Billboard for Misquoting Comments About His Fans
- Sibling Rivalry What? Khloe Kardashian Calls Kim Her 'Body Motivation'
- Robin Thicke, Pharrell and T.I. Officially Appeal 'Blurred Lines' Copyright Verdict
- Kendall Jenner Flashes Bra During Casual Stroll While Kylie Flaunts Major Cleavage
- Demi Moore Joins Cast of R-Rated Comedy 'Rock That Body'
- Miley Cyrus and Liam Hemsworth Are in No Rush to Walk Down the Aisle