Michael Bolton to Star on ABC's New Comedy 'Destroying My Life'
Michael Bolton will expand his career to small screen industry. The Grammy-winning singer is set to star on a new comedy called "Michael Bolton's Daughter Is Destroying My Life", which is developed at ABC.
According to The Hollywood Reporter, the 59-year-old musician will star as a fictionalized version of himself on the half-hour show. The project itself is based on an idea pitched by "Go On" star Allison Miller.
The story will revolve around a young writer who bags a job to handle social media for Bolton. It is said to be loosely based on Miller's personal experiences with celebrities when she first moved to Los Angeles.
In addition to starring in it, the Connecticut-born singer will serve as co-executive producer. Meanwhile, Miller herself is set to tackle the producing duty. Should the project move forward, it will likely be in the same tone as "Don't Trust the B---- in Apartment 23", which has James Van Der Beek playing a heightened version of himself.
Tapped to provide the screenplay is Tami Sagher, who also works for "30 Rock" and "How I Met Your Mother". Sagher will also executive produce the new show alongside Willie Mercer, Ron West, J.B. Roberts as well as Kelly Kulchack.
Bolton is actually no stranger to television world. He took part in the eleventh season of ABC's "Dancing with the Stars", placing 11th place. He also appeared alongside Andy Samberg on "Saturday Night Live" digital short, which went viral on YouTube since May 2011.
- Katy Perry Crowd-Surfing Twice at Glastonbury 2017
- Blac Chyna Involved in Car Accident
- Kelly Osbourne Shows Her Derriere While Struggling to Get Out of Her Dress
- Kendall Jenner Looks Unrecognizable in Her Latest Instagram Pictures
- Heidi Klum's Boyfriend Vito Schabel Spotted Kissing Another Woman in London
- Angelina Jolie Is Worrying That Brad Pitt Will Get More Custody
- Amanda Bynes Steps Out for Shopping in Beverly Hills
- Gal Gadot Is Already Planning for Baby No. 3