The 'Munsters' Reboot Pilot to Air as Halloween Special
"Mockingbird Lane" pilot could see the light of the day after all. Amid rumor that NBC would not move forward with the project, the network reportedly decides to air the completed pilot of the "Munsters" reboot as a Halloween special.
The pricey pilot, which cost $10 million and was in development for two years, will air Friday, October 26 at 8 P.M., sources say. The Peacock, however, has not made any official statement regarding the fate of project.
Previously, The Hollywood Reporter learned that NBC considered several options for the "Mockingbird Lane" pilot before they chose to air it as a Halloween special. The other options were to shoot extra footage and package it as a made-for-TV movie for international buyers, and to re-develop the project again.
"It's a fluid situation, but none of the options is ideal, especially considering the promise that this thing had," one source expressed pessimism over the fantasy comedy project.
The "Munsters" reboot came from "Pushing Daisies" creator Bryan Fuller. It has cast Jerry O'Connell as Herman Munster, Portia de Rossi as Lily Munster, Eddie Izzard as the vampire Grandpa, and Mason Cook as Eddie Munster.
Even if "Mockingbird Lane" doesn't get picked up to series, Fuller will be kept busy as his other project "Hannibal" has received a 13-episode order for midseason on NBC. The show will re-introduce FBI agent Will Graham (Hugh Dancy) and his mentor Dr. Hannibal Lecter (Mads Mikkelsen) at the beginning of their budding relationship.
- Drake Reportedly Has 'Weed Overdose'
- Kanye West 'Would Love to Have More Kids' With Kim Kardashian
- Justin Bieber Facing Arrest in Brazil Over Graffiti Case
- Peter Parker Wants to Be Like Iron Man in New 'Spider-Man Homecoming' Trailer
- Kris Jenner and Corey Gamble Break Up
- Cuba Gooding Jr. Generates Online Outrage After Lifting Up Sarah Paulson's Skirt at PaleyFest
- New Footage of 'Blade Runner 2049' Is Screened at CinemaCon
- Nina Agdal Flaunts Her Enviable Figure in Skimpy Bikinis for New Swimwear Campaign