Alec Baldwin: I Offered NBC to Cut My Salary to Save '30 Rock'
Alec Baldwin hinted that he's not ready to part ways with "30 Rock" which just kicked off its final season. Via his Twitter account, the Jack Donaghy depicter revealed, "I offered NBC to cut my pay 20 % in order to have a full 7th and 8th seasons of 30 Rock. I realize times have changed. I am looking forward to some time off."
The abbreviated seventh and last season of the Tina Fey-created sitcom debuted Thursday, October 4. The night before, the cast attended a premiere party at which they opened up about their feelings as the show came to its end.
"We have officially been voted off the NBC island," said Jane Krakowski, who portrays Jenna Maroney. "It is very bittersweet. I think it's going to be very hard to hear, 'that is a series wrap' for all of us. I think we are all very aware this is as good as it gets."
Katrina Bowden, meanwhile, said the show had became a part of her growing into adulthood. "I'm just going to miss my family on 30 Rock. I was 17 when I started," she told E! Online. "Every learning experience has been partly because of this show. It's definitely something I will never forget."
As for Fey, she shared what she's most proud of during her time working on the Emmy-winning series. She revealed, "The thing I know for sure that I'm the most proud of having done over the past seven years is keeping 200 people or more employed doing TV in New York City. Our crew has mostly stayed together. That's the biggest deal, that we've all had a job every day."
- Kelly Clarkson and Chance The Rapper to Perform at White House's Christmas Tree Lighting
- Kim Kardashian Files Complaint Against Vitalii Sediuk Over Attempted Ambush
- Pregnant Janet Jackson Debuts Burgeoning Bump While Shopping for Baby in London
- Nathan Keyes to Play Justin Timberlake in Lifetime's Britney Spears Biopic
- Brad Pitt Voluntarily Tested for Drug and Alcohol Amid Child Abuse Allegation
- 'SNL' Finds Its New Donald Trump in Alec Baldwin After Taran Killam's Exit
- Madonna Shares Nude Pic as She Joins Katy Perry to Vote Naked
- The Weeknd Kills His Old Self in 'Starboy' Music Video