Alec Baldwin: I Offered NBC to Cut My Salary to Save '30 Rock'
Alec Baldwin hinted that he's not ready to part ways with "30 Rock" which just kicked off its final season. Via his Twitter account, the Jack Donaghy depicter revealed, "I offered NBC to cut my pay 20 % in order to have a full 7th and 8th seasons of 30 Rock. I realize times have changed. I am looking forward to some time off."
The abbreviated seventh and last season of the Tina Fey-created sitcom debuted Thursday, October 4. The night before, the cast attended a premiere party at which they opened up about their feelings as the show came to its end.
"We have officially been voted off the NBC island," said Jane Krakowski, who portrays Jenna Maroney. "It is very bittersweet. I think it's going to be very hard to hear, 'that is a series wrap' for all of us. I think we are all very aware this is as good as it gets."
Katrina Bowden, meanwhile, said the show had became a part of her growing into adulthood. "I'm just going to miss my family on 30 Rock. I was 17 when I started," she told E! Online. "Every learning experience has been partly because of this show. It's definitely something I will never forget."
As for Fey, she shared what she's most proud of during her time working on the Emmy-winning series. She revealed, "The thing I know for sure that I'm the most proud of having done over the past seven years is keeping 200 people or more employed doing TV in New York City. Our crew has mostly stayed together. That's the biggest deal, that we've all had a job every day."
- Caitlyn Jenner Surprises Kim Kardashian With Bare-Butt Sculpture
- Amber Heard Denies She Blackmailed Johnny Depp
- Watch Fifth Harmony Bring Out Ty Dolla $ign for Mini Concert on 'Today' Show
- Get First Images and Details of 'Cars 3'
- Will There Be More 'Matrix' Movies? Here's What Joel Silver Says
- Topher Grace Marries Fiancee Ashley Hinshaw in Private Ceremony
- 'The Bachelorette' Recap: Proposals and Villain Already in Week 2
- Katy Perry's Twitter Account Is Hacked, Posts Tweet About Taylor Swift