'The X Factor' Boot Camp Kicks Off With Whitney Houston Covers
After completing its audition stage, "The X Factor (US)" moved on to the boot camp in its fourth week. In this phase, 120 contestants would perform in front of the judges in Miami, Florida, but only 24 of them who would be sent to the judges' houses.
The Wednesday, October 3 episode was kicked off with an "amazing" performance of Whitney Houston's "I Have Nothing" by Diamond White. David Correy delivered an energetic rendition of "Mercy" and 18-year-old Jennel Garcia oozed "crazy sex appeal" when singing "Sweeter".
Claiming that some other girls on the show were intimidating, Jessica Espinoza couldn't show the best of her when singing "When You Believe". Jake Garza, meanwhile, started crying as he forgot the lyrics on stage. Also forgetting the lyrics was Johnny Maxwell, but he still advanced to Task Two.
Later, there was a sort of a duel since Paige Thomas and CeCe Frey chose to sing the same song, Whitney Houston's "I Will Always Love You". Both delivered stellar performances, but Simon Cowell said, "One of you actually nailed it."
After all contestants performed, the judges divided them into three groups and delivered the bad news to one of them. Diamond, David, Jennel, Paige, CeCe, as well as Gene Simmons' daughter Sophie were among them who advanced and would battle against one another in Task Two in a bid to get a spot in the judges' houses. Jessica, Jake, Trevor Moran, Jordyn Foley and Rizzloe Jones, on the other hand, were cut.
- Derek Hough and Tony Dovolani Not Returning for 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 24
- Colton Haynes to Make Live Singing Debut in Tribute Performance for George Michael
- 'Jurassic World 2' First Set Photo Arrives as Filming Begins
- Behati Prinsloo Wows on First Post-Baby Runway Show at Milan Fashion Week
- A Green Lantern Is Reportedly Confirmed in 'Justice League'
- New Photos Seem to Confirm Diane Kruger and Norman Reedus' Romance Rumors
- 'Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.': Is Nick Blood Returning in Season 4?
- Happy 'Twin Peaks' Day! Showtime Unveils Posters for Revival