Julia Roberts' 'Taming of the Shrew' Lands on ABC
ABC has obtained a new sitcom to be executive produced by Julia Roberts in collaboration with Elaine Goldsmith-Thomas. The show is called "The Taming of the Shrew", which is the same title of the classic Shakespeare play, but the similarity stops there.
The half-hour workplace comedy centers on a boss, who is described as being horrible and tyrannical, and her employees who try to keep her under control. Marc Hyman, who wrote the story of "Meet the Fockers", will provide the screenplay.
Roberts and Goldsmith-Thomas have previously worked together on two "American Girl" films and a short-lived CBS series "Queens Supreme". The behind-the-scene role aside, the Oscar-winning actress will next appear on feature films "August: Osage County" and "The Normal Heart".
- Chris Brown Accuser Told Her Friend Singer's 'About to Go Down' After Alleged Gun Incident
- 'Game of Thrones' Casts First New Addition for Season 7
- P. Diddy Teases Snippet of Cassie's New Single 'Make Up'
- 'Rogue One': Meet C2-B5, New Imperial Droid That Looks Like R2-D2
- Johnny Depp Reconnects With Kate Moss Following Amber Heard Divorce
- Kylie Jenner Surprises Tyga With $300,000 Bentley After His Ferrari Got 'Repossessed'
- Lady GaGa Teases 'Perfect Illusion' Music Video
- Rob Kardashian Reveals He Is Now Diabetes Free