Julia Roberts' 'Taming of the Shrew' Lands on ABC
ABC has obtained a new sitcom to be executive produced by Julia Roberts in collaboration with Elaine Goldsmith-Thomas. The show is called "The Taming of the Shrew", which is the same title of the classic Shakespeare play, but the similarity stops there.
The half-hour workplace comedy centers on a boss, who is described as being horrible and tyrannical, and her employees who try to keep her under control. Marc Hyman, who wrote the story of "Meet the Fockers", will provide the screenplay.
Roberts and Goldsmith-Thomas have previously worked together on two "American Girl" films and a short-lived CBS series "Queens Supreme". The behind-the-scene role aside, the Oscar-winning actress will next appear on feature films "August: Osage County" and "The Normal Heart".
- Baby Before Marriage? Gwen Stefani and Blake Shelton Reportedly Expecting Their First Child
- 'DWTS' Pair Sharna Burgess and Bonner Bolton Fuel Dating Rumors With Flirty Night Out
- Kevin Hart Creates Dimwitted Superhero in First Trailer for 'Captain Underpants'
- Drake Getting Sade's Face Tattooed on His Rib Amid Dating Rumors
- Wiz Khalifa and Juicy J's New Music Video for 'Cell Ready' Is Smoking Hot
- Inside Celine Dion's Diva Behavior on 'The Voice': 'She Was Extremely Entitled'
- Miley Cryrus and Liam Hemsworth Build Playground at Malibu House - Is Baby on the Way?
- 'Spider-Man' Spin-Off About Black Cat and Silver Sable Is in Development