Julia Roberts' 'Taming of the Shrew' Lands on ABC
ABC has obtained a new sitcom to be executive produced by Julia Roberts in collaboration with Elaine Goldsmith-Thomas. The show is called "The Taming of the Shrew", which is the same title of the classic Shakespeare play, but the similarity stops there.
The half-hour workplace comedy centers on a boss, who is described as being horrible and tyrannical, and her employees who try to keep her under control. Marc Hyman, who wrote the story of "Meet the Fockers", will provide the screenplay.
Roberts and Goldsmith-Thomas have previously worked together on two "American Girl" films and a short-lived CBS series "Queens Supreme". The behind-the-scene role aside, the Oscar-winning actress will next appear on feature films "August: Osage County" and "The Normal Heart".
More Julia Roberts News
- Johnny Depp Wasn't Even Near Amber Heard When He Allegedly Hit Her, Witnesses Say
- Is Olivia Culpo Dating Danny Amendola? Here's the Proof
- Brad Pitt Reportedly Worries About 'Anorexic' and 'Fragile' Angelina Jolie
- Dan Aykroyd on Why 'Ghostbusters' Reboot Is Worth Watching: It Has More Laughs and More Scares
- Gwen Stefani Releases Fashionable 'Misery' Music Video
- Harambe the Gorilla Shooting Sparks Outrage Among Hollywood Stars
- Brooklyn Beckham Flaunting His Abs in This Shirtless Selfie Will Make You Drool
- 'Game of Thrones': George R. R. Martin Reveals Brienne's Backstory