Julia Roberts' 'Taming of the Shrew' Lands on ABC
ABC has obtained a new sitcom to be executive produced by Julia Roberts in collaboration with Elaine Goldsmith-Thomas. The show is called "The Taming of the Shrew", which is the same title of the classic Shakespeare play, but the similarity stops there.
The half-hour workplace comedy centers on a boss, who is described as being horrible and tyrannical, and her employees who try to keep her under control. Marc Hyman, who wrote the story of "Meet the Fockers", will provide the screenplay.
Roberts and Goldsmith-Thomas have previously worked together on two "American Girl" films and a short-lived CBS series "Queens Supreme". The behind-the-scene role aside, the Oscar-winning actress will next appear on feature films "August: Osage County" and "The Normal Heart".
- Song Joong Ki and Song Hye Kyo Are Asked to Tie the Knot at 'DotS' Theme Park
- New Couple Alert! Brooklyn Beckham and Madison Beer Are Dating
- 'Gambit' Is Being Reworked Following Success of 'Deadpool' and 'Logan'
- Rob Kardashian Returns to Twitter to Post Photo of Daughter Dream
- 'Home Alone' Actor John Heard Dies at 72
- Comic-Con: 'The Walking Dead' First Season 8 Trailer Teases Major Time Jump
- Jeremy Meeks and Chloe Green Make Out During L.A. Coffee Run: We Are in Love
- Beyonce's Madame Tussauds Wax Figure 'Adjusted' After Whitewashing Controversy