Julia Roberts' 'Taming of the Shrew' Lands on ABC
ABC has obtained a new sitcom to be executive produced by Julia Roberts in collaboration with Elaine Goldsmith-Thomas. The show is called "The Taming of the Shrew", which is the same title of the classic Shakespeare play, but the similarity stops there.
The half-hour workplace comedy centers on a boss, who is described as being horrible and tyrannical, and her employees who try to keep her under control. Marc Hyman, who wrote the story of "Meet the Fockers", will provide the screenplay.
Roberts and Goldsmith-Thomas have previously worked together on two "American Girl" films and a short-lived CBS series "Queens Supreme". The behind-the-scene role aside, the Oscar-winning actress will next appear on feature films "August: Osage County" and "The Normal Heart".
More Julia Roberts News
- Kylie Jenner Wraps Her Body With Real Snake in Sneak Peek of Sexy 2017 Calendar
- Lady GaGa Shares Kindness With the Help of Taylor Kinney and Her Mom
- Shia LaBeouf Unleashes New Freestyle in Response to Soulja Boy's Threats
- Nicki Minaj Gets Heavily Criticized for Making Fun of Mentally Ill Woman
- 'The Mummy' Director on Whether Tom Cruise's Character Dies in the First Trailer
- 'Westworld' Showrunners Address Evil Dolores and Ford's Fate
- Justin Bieber Announces 2017 U.S. Stadium Tour Dates
- Blac Chyna Seems to Diss Kylie Jenner and Tyga on Snapchat. Is This Khloe's Response?