Paris Hilton Personally Apologizes to Gay Friends Over AIDS Comment
Paris Hilton expresses her regret in making comment about gay men and AIDS. In a statement to Gay and Lesbian Alliance Against Defamation (GLAAD), the socialite said she wished she could take back every word.
As previously reported, Hilton's conversation with his friend was recorded by a cab driver. She was heard saying, "Gay guys are the horniest people in the word ...Most of them probably have AIDS ...I would be so scared if I was a gay guy ... you'll, like, die of AIDS." Her rep has attempted to clarify her statement, saying it was Hilton's concern over unprotected sex. But she wants to personally address the situation.
"I am so sorry and so upset that I caused pain to my gay friends, fans and their families with the comments heard this morning," she told GLAAD. "I was having this private conversation with a friend of mine who is gay and our conversation was in no way towards the entire gay community. It is the last thing that I would ever want to do and I cannot put into words how much I wish I could take back every word."
Hilton, who has been slammed by LGBT communities, continued, "Gay people are the strongest and most inspiring people I know ...Again, I am so sorry from the bottom of my heart and I feel absolutely horrible. I hope that everyone can accept my apology and know that it is not who I am or how I feel in any way."
- Chris Pratt Name Drops Jennifer Lawrence in Christmas-Themed Mad Lib Theater With Jimmy Fallon
- Drake and Aaliyah's Posthumous Collaboration 'Talk Is Cheap' Surfaces Online
- Tom Hanks Puts Emma Watson in Danger in 'The Circle' Teaser Trailer
- Mariah Carey Flaunts Her Curves in Peek-a-Boo Dress After Christmas Concert With Bryan Tanaka
- Watch Fiona Apple Sing Anti-Donald Trump Christmas Carol
- Sofia Vergara Gets Sued by Her Own Embryos as Legal Battle With Ex Continues
- Watch Shawn Mendes Cover Drake's 'Fake Love' on 'Live Lounge'
- 'Walking Dead' Star Steven Yeun Is Expecting First Child With Wife Joana Pak