Paris Hilton Personally Apologizes to Gay Friends Over AIDS Comment
Paris Hilton expresses her regret in making comment about gay men and AIDS. In a statement to Gay and Lesbian Alliance Against Defamation (GLAAD), the socialite said she wished she could take back every word.
As previously reported, Hilton's conversation with his friend was recorded by a cab driver. She was heard saying, "Gay guys are the horniest people in the word ...Most of them probably have AIDS ...I would be so scared if I was a gay guy ... you'll, like, die of AIDS." Her rep has attempted to clarify her statement, saying it was Hilton's concern over unprotected sex. But she wants to personally address the situation.
"I am so sorry and so upset that I caused pain to my gay friends, fans and their families with the comments heard this morning," she told GLAAD. "I was having this private conversation with a friend of mine who is gay and our conversation was in no way towards the entire gay community. It is the last thing that I would ever want to do and I cannot put into words how much I wish I could take back every word."
Hilton, who has been slammed by LGBT communities, continued, "Gay people are the strongest and most inspiring people I know ...Again, I am so sorry from the bottom of my heart and I feel absolutely horrible. I hope that everyone can accept my apology and know that it is not who I am or how I feel in any way."
More Paris Hilton News
- Find Out What Ji Chang Wook Wants to Achieve Before Military Enlistment
- Backstreet Boys to Reunite With Florida Georgia Line for 'CMT Crossroads'
- Justin Bieber: Out-of-Work Crew Are Not My Responsibility
- Shia LaBeouf and Mia Goth Are on the Verge of Divorce
- Does Kim Know? Kanye West Caught Leaving Studio With Nearly Naked Woman
- Six Shortest Celebrity Marriages
- Dating for Nine Months, Drew Barrymore Is Set to Wed for the Fourth Time
- So Cool! Watch Lee Joon Gi Do His Own Dangerous Stunt for 'Criminal Minds'