Paris Hilton Personally Apologizes to Gay Friends Over AIDS Comment
Paris Hilton expresses her regret in making comment about gay men and AIDS. In a statement to Gay and Lesbian Alliance Against Defamation (GLAAD), the socialite said she wished she could take back every word.
As previously reported, Hilton's conversation with his friend was recorded by a cab driver. She was heard saying, "Gay guys are the horniest people in the word ...Most of them probably have AIDS ...I would be so scared if I was a gay guy ... you'll, like, die of AIDS." Her rep has attempted to clarify her statement, saying it was Hilton's concern over unprotected sex. But she wants to personally address the situation.
"I am so sorry and so upset that I caused pain to my gay friends, fans and their families with the comments heard this morning," she told GLAAD. "I was having this private conversation with a friend of mine who is gay and our conversation was in no way towards the entire gay community. It is the last thing that I would ever want to do and I cannot put into words how much I wish I could take back every word."
Hilton, who has been slammed by LGBT communities, continued, "Gay people are the strongest and most inspiring people I know ...Again, I am so sorry from the bottom of my heart and I feel absolutely horrible. I hope that everyone can accept my apology and know that it is not who I am or how I feel in any way."
More Paris Hilton News
- MTV VMAs 2016: Beyonce and Adele Lead Nominations, Nick Jonas Is 'Disappointed' About His Snub
- Rihanna, Kendrick Lamar, Selena Gomez, Metallica to Perform at 2016 Global Citizen Concert
- Rihanna Warns Fans Not to Play Pokemon Go at Her Concert as Beyonce and Adele Face Same Issue
- Disney Plans 'Han Solo' Trilogy With Alden Ehrenreich
- Chrissy Teigen and Kim Kardashian Fought With Their Husbands at Each Other's Wedding
- Karl Urban Debuts His 'Thor: Ragnarok' Look. See His Newly Shaved Head
- Matt Damon and Jimmy Kimmel Go to Couples Therapy Again. Does It Work This Time?
- Jeremy Renner's Ex Claims He Refuses to Pay Child Support