Ryan Reynolds Steps Out Solo, Hides His Wedding Ring
It seems that Ryan Reynolds is, unlike his new wife Blake Lively, reluctant to give the world a look at his wedding band. While the "Gossip Girl" actress accidentally gave a clear view of her huge diamond rock when smooching him in an outing, the "Safe House" actor was careful to conceal his ring in a separate occasion.
Wearing a casual tee and sweatpants, Ryan, 35, was spotted going out alone after working out in upstate New York. The former husband of Scarlett Johansson kept his motorcycle glove on his left hand as paparazzi took his pictures. Another buzzkiller for the shutterbugs was he kept his face hidden under his cap.
A day prior, Ryan reportedly accompanied Blake when she was back to work to film her TV series. According to PEOPLE, the crew on set raised glasses of ginger ale to give the newlywed a toast. "[The producer] said, 'Someone got hitched!! Mazel tov!' " a source says. "Blake said, 'I know, I heard,' and then laughed and said, 'Thank you so much!' "
The couple tied the knot in his favorite town, Charleston, North Carolina, on September 9. They exchanged wedding rings designed by Lorraine Schwartz and swapped vows written by themselves. The bride wore a custom Marchesa gown and the groom donned a specially-made Burberry suit with custom leather suspenders.
Blake walked down the aisle to a children's choir singing a rendition of Frankie Valli's 1967 classic "Can't Take My Eyes Off of You". Florence Welch of Florence and the Machine serenaded the happy couple with three songs including the band's single "Cosmic Love" and a timeless song "Somewhere Over the Rainbow".
It wasn't until four days later that the couple were officially husband and wife in the eye of the law after they applied for their marriage license at South Carolina's Charleston County Probate Court on September 13. Using their full names, Ryan Rodney Reynolds and Blake Ellender Lively, they listed their marriage date as September 14.
After their uber-secret nuptials, the "Green Lantern" pair enjoyed a brief honeymoon in countryside of Little Washington, Va. They stopped by the Stonyman Gourmet Farmer for a romantic dinner and enjoyed a low-key night out at the Inn of Little Washington before returning to work on Monday, September 17.
- Does 'American Horror Story' Reveal the Murder Weapon in This New Season 6 Teaser?
- Taylor Swift Sports Bigger Breasts in Tight Crop-Top. Did She Really Get a Boob Job?
- Get Your First Glimpse of Tom Hardy in Christopher Nolan's WWII Film 'Dunkirk'
- Miley Cyrus Sports New Gold Band on Ring Finger. Is She Secretly Married to Liam Hemsworth?
- Jennifer Lopez Posts Cryptic Message After Breakup as Casper Smart Is Reportedly Still in Denial
- Is Britney Spears' 'Glory' Track 'Liar' About Ex Justin Timberlake?
- Donald Glover Addresses Lando Casting Rumor in Han Solo Movie
- 'Game of Thrones' Season 7: Major Spoiler About Daenerys Leaked