Official: Shakira and Usher Replace Christina and Cee-Lo in 'The Voice' Season 4
Christina Aguilera and Cee-Lo Green are going to take a break from "The Voice" after the ongoing third season, so it's officially announced. To fill the void, Shakira and Usher are billed to join Adam Levine and Blake Shelton as coaches in the next fourth cycle.
Executive producer of the singing competition, Mark Burnett, explains, "Having award-winning artists as coaches means they need to be able to tour. Whether in the red chair or on tour, our coaches have their chairs for life."
"This is exactly why, after three seasons, we needed to allow them to rotate out so they can get on the road amongst their fans," he adds. "Meanwhile, we're incredibly excited to have singular artists like Usher and Shakira joining the fold."
In his own statement, chairman of NBC Entertainment, Robert Greenblatt, says, "Doing two back-to-back cycles of this show requires a tremendous amount of time, and we are happy to accommodate the commitments made by Christina and Cee-Lo."
Christina and Cee-Lo will temporarily leave "The Voice" to fulfill their other commitments. The "Fighter" songstress is gearing up to release her new album "Lotus" which is due November 13, while the Gnarls Barkley member is "highly enthusiastic about focusing my undivided attention on my additional endeavors and interests like my upcoming solo album, new Goodie Mob album, Las Vegas residency 'Loberace', new memoir, and new NBC comedy."
Both Christina and Cee-Lo will return for the show's fifth season. "By pursuing my first passion of music during the break, I am also able to come back and offer even more to my team on The Voice in the future," so the female coach claims. The "F**k You" hitmaker also assures viewers, "I will return for season five and will be watching season four."
The third season of "The Voice" returned Monday, September 17 with the fourth part of the blind auditions. Among those making through to the next round were Melanie Martinez and Brian Scartocci who joined Adam's team, Beat Frequency's who's in Christina's team, Liz Davis who picked Blake as her coach, and JR who chose to be in Cee-Lo's team.
More The Voice News
- Watch 'Carpool Karaoke' With Madonna and Find Out Juicy Detail of Her Night Out With Michael Jackson
- Major Lazer Mashes Up Biggest Hits of the Year for YouTube Rewind 2016 Video
- John Cena Promises to Destroy 'Saturday Night Live' in New Promo
- Katy Perry Joins Jennifer Aniston at 'Office Christmas Party' L.A. Premiere
- Kardashian Sisters Try to Block Blac Chyna From Trademarking Their Family Name. How She Reacts?
- Nick Cannon Hits Back at Dane Cook Who Shamed Him for Wearing Turban
- Johnny Depp Dubbed Hollywood's Most Overpaid Actor Again by Forbes
- 'The Bachelor' Season 21 Cast Photos: Meet 30 Girls Vying for Nick Viall's Heart