Nancy Gets Her Job Done in 'Weeds' Series Finale
"Weeds" had its swan song aired on Sunday, September 16. The one-hour series finale flashed eight years into the future to show the end of storylines for the Botwins, [SPOILER ALERT!] who all gathered in Connecticut for Stevie's bar mitzvah.
Nancy had apparently married Rabbi David Bloom and he adopted Stevie, but she became a widow for the second time after Bloom died in a car accident. She owned 51 percent of The Good Seed, a successful chain of legalized marijuana cafes that Starbucks wanted to buy. Doug was Nancy's business partner.
Silas was happily married to Megan. The couple had a baby named Flora and lived in California. Shane was an alcoholic cop, but Nancy managed to convince him to enter rehab when they met at the bar mitzvah.
Andy, who apparently hadn't talked to Nancy since they consummated their relationship in the penultimate episode, had a baby. Nancy offered him an equal partnership of her business, but he rejected it.
"Think of it this way, you're free; you did your job, now you're done," Andy shared his words of wisdom. "There's no one there to answer to, no one to hold you back from becoming the person you want to be, doing only what you want to do. It's time for you to figure it out." Nancy then decided to sell the cafe chain.
In the last scene which was set to "With Arms Outstretched", Nancy, Silas, Shane, Doug and Andy sat together on the stairs of her house's porch to share a joint as the snow was falling. Helping to send the show to its end were familiar faces including Marvin (Fatso-Fasano), Clinique (Julanne Chidi Hill), Sanjay (Maulik Pancholy) and Dean Hodes (Andy Milder).
Following the final episode, fans took to Twitter to bid farewell to the show. Kristi Battarbee wrote, "SHO's #Weeds may have fallen off for a bit, but the closing scene of the series finale was absolutely perfect. I'm gonna miss the Botwins."
Marie Fiorin tweeted, "I can't believe #Weeds is over!!! Loved this series!," John Taylor LaValley chimed in, "The series finale of #weeds was good. I really hope the future is like that," and Carlos O gushed, "Can't believe #weeds is over... nice cute ending."
- Watch Ariana Grande and Bruno Mars Perform at Star-Studded We Can Survive Concert
- Kim Kardashian Angry at Beyonce for Not Reaching Out to Her After Paris Robbery
- Kim Zolciak Criticized for Posting Inappropriate Photo of 2-Year-Old Daughter Kaia
- New 'Game of Thrones' Photos Confirm the Highly Anticipated Meet-Up
- Pregnant Janet Jackson Steps Out in Full Islamic Dress
- Charlie Puth Cancels the Rest of His Tour Dates Because He's 'Extremely Sick'
- Chris Hemsworth Shoots Down Split Reports With Cheeky Instagram Post
- Kim Kardashian Said She Could 'Handle' Social Media Days Before She Got Robbed