First Look at Alan Rickman and Jane Fonda as the Reagans in 'The Butler'
Oprah Winfrey has revealed a first look at Alan Rickman and Jane Fonda as Ronald and Nancy Reagan in "The Butler". Taking to her Twitter account, Oprah shares an image of herself along with director Lee Daniels as well as Alan and Jane in full costumes of the Reagans.
In the picture, Alan is featured looking very dapper in a formal black tux complete with well-ironed white shirt and a bowtie. He arranges his black hair into a sleek wetlook style that resembles the haircut of the 40th President of the United States. Jane, meanwhile, looks so much like Nancy with her signature short blond hair. She dons an elegant long-sleeved black top and a red skirt.
Additionally, Oprah posts a new picture of herself and Lenny Kravitz from the set of the movie. Both the talk show mogul and the veteran singer/songwriter are seen sporting aged makeups complete with gray hair and some wrinkles. Oprah explains that she's "getting ready for our 80's White House scene" when the picture was taken.
Based on Wil Haygood's Washington Post "A Butler Well Served by This Election", "The Butler" is a story of Eugene Allen, a black man who served as a White House butler for 34 years. Eugene started at the White House as a "pantry man" in 1952 when blacks weren't allowed to use public restrooms in his native Virginia.
He ended up serving eight presidents and had a unique front row seat as political and racial history was being made, from the Vietnam War and the civil rights movement to the assassinations of Martin Luther King Jr., President John F. Kennedy and Robert Kennedy Jr.
The high-profile drama is also supported by a host of famous actors. They include Forest Whitaker as Eugene, John Cusack as Richard Nixon, Robin Williams as Dwight Eisenhower, James Marsden and Minka Kelly as John F. Kennedy and Jackie O, as well as Nelsan Ellis as Martin Luther King, Jr.
- Priscilla Presley's Taking Care of Lisa Marie Presley's Twin Girls Amid Nasty Custody Battle
- Pregnant Rosie Huntington-Whiteley Covers Baby Bump in Trench Coat on Lunch Date With Jason Statham
- Fergie Shows Off Pert Derriere in Cheeky Instagram Picture
- George Clooney Finally Opens Up About Amal's Pregnancy
- Adele Named Top Music Legend of the Future
- Taron Egerton Is Seen Filming 'Robin Hood: Origins' in Croatia
- Possible 'Jurassic World 2' Plot Details Revealed
- 'Sherlock' Could Get Axed, Benedict Cumberbatch and Martin Freeman's Busy Schedules Are to Blame