'Bachelor Pad' Finale: A Pair Win, but Only One Contestant Gets the Prize
"Bachelor Pad" has picked the winning couple of its third season, but not all of them got a happy ending. In the Monday, September 10 finale, the eliminated contestants returned and cast their votes for the remaining pairs, Rachel Trueheart & Nick Peterson and Chris Bukowski & Sarah Newlon. It ended with 13-3 votes in favor of Rachel and Nick.
Rachel and Nick were then sent into separate deliberation rooms to choose whether to "share" or "keep" the money. Thinking that she wouldn't have gotten this far without her partner, Rachel decided to share the $250,000 prize. Meanwhile, Nick claimed he made it to the finale with his own effort and chose to keep the money.
Nick's decision shocked the audience and upset Rachel, who would come home without any of the money. Backstage, Nick defended himself to teary Rachel, claiming she was never dedicated to being his partner.
"I don't feel like I owe $125,000 to someone I just got slapped together with at the very end of the show," he further told PEOPLE about his move. "It sucks a little bit [for Rachel], but I have to remember that this is a game, and this was the best way to play it."
Rachel was more devastated as her relationship with Michael Stagliano was over. Earlier in the finale, he said that "she was falling in love, and I just wasn't," while Rachel said she was convinced that he's into her. Michael went on revealing that he's now dating someone else.
In contrary to Rachel, an eliminated couple Tony Pieper and Blakeley Jones had a reason to celebrate after the finale. Opening up about their romance, they announced that they're moving in together and Tony surprised her by proposing to her on the show. "Absolutely," she gave her answer.
- Wait... What? Is Tiger Woods Saying He Doesn't Regret Cheating on Elin Nordegren?
- Marvel Pulls 'Invincible Iron Man' Cover After Accusations of 'Sexualizing' Its Underage Hero
- No More Sexy Selfies? Kim Kardashian Is Re-Emerging 'More Covered Up' and 'Less Make-Up'
- Drake Hints at Releasing New Music on His 30th Birthday. Get Details on His Celebration
- Blac Chyna Pokes Fun at Her Pregnancy Curves, Compares Herself to a Pokemon
- Amy Adams and Jake Gyllenhaal's Love Turns to Hatred in 'Nocturnal Animals' First Full Trailer
- Jay-Z and Beyonce Are Both Upset With 'Nut Job' Kanye West Following His Rant
- Justin Bieber Scolds Concertgoers for Screaming at Manchester Show