Steven Spielberg's 'Lincoln' Debuts First Touching Sneak Peek
A few days before its full trailer gets released via Google Play, Steven Spielberg's "Lincoln" unveils its very first sneak peek. The short footage offers a first glimpse at Daniel Day-Lewis as Abraham Lincoln in motion. His face, however, is not clearly visible as most of his scenes are shot from behind his back. There is also a quick look at David Oyelowo in a Union uniform. A glimpse at Civil War scene is also featured in the video.
"Lincoln" is a revealing drama that focuses on the 16th President's tumultuous final months in office. In a nation divided by war and the strong winds of change, Lincoln pursues a course of action designed to end the war, unite the country and abolish slavery. With the moral courage and fierce determination to succeed, his choices during this critical moment will change the fate of generations to come.
The full trailer of the movie will be released on September 13 during a Google+ Hangout with Spielberg and actor Joseph Gordon-Levitt, who plays Robert Todd Lincoln. The live conversation, which will take place at 4 P.M. PT, will also be broadcast live on the ABC SuperSign from the heart of New York City's Times Square.
The drama is scheduled for limited release in the U.S. on November 9 before opening nationwide on November 16. Also lining up in the cast ensemble are Tommy Lee Jones, Jared Harris, Jackie Earle Haley, Sally Field, David Strathairn and Lee Pace among others.
More Lincoln News
- Tiny Harris Fake Facebook Stirs Up Floyd Mayweather, Jr. Affair Rumor
- Michael Bay Has Initial Idea for an R-Rated 'Bumblebee' Spin-Off
- Red Hot Chili Peppers Gets Animated in Bizarre Video for 'Sick Love'
- Mariah Carey's New Boyfriend Bryan Tanaka Admits He's 'Always Had a Thing' for Her
- Arnold Schwarzenegger Promises 'Refreshing' 'Celebrity Apprentice' in New Sneak Peek
- 'Last Tango in Paris' Rape Scene Backlash Is 'Ridiculous,' Says Bernardo Bertolucci
- Jimmy Kimmel's Wife Molly McNearney Is Pregnant With Their Second Child
- 'The Voice' Semifinals Recap: The Top 8 Vying for Spots in the Final 4