Steven Spielberg's 'Lincoln' Debuts First Touching Sneak Peek
A few days before its full trailer gets released via Google Play, Steven Spielberg's "Lincoln" unveils its very first sneak peek. The short footage offers a first glimpse at Daniel Day-Lewis as Abraham Lincoln in motion. His face, however, is not clearly visible as most of his scenes are shot from behind his back. There is also a quick look at David Oyelowo in a Union uniform. A glimpse at Civil War scene is also featured in the video.
"Lincoln" is a revealing drama that focuses on the 16th President's tumultuous final months in office. In a nation divided by war and the strong winds of change, Lincoln pursues a course of action designed to end the war, unite the country and abolish slavery. With the moral courage and fierce determination to succeed, his choices during this critical moment will change the fate of generations to come.
The full trailer of the movie will be released on September 13 during a Google+ Hangout with Spielberg and actor Joseph Gordon-Levitt, who plays Robert Todd Lincoln. The live conversation, which will take place at 4 P.M. PT, will also be broadcast live on the ABC SuperSign from the heart of New York City's Times Square.
The drama is scheduled for limited release in the U.S. on November 9 before opening nationwide on November 16. Also lining up in the cast ensemble are Tommy Lee Jones, Jared Harris, Jackie Earle Haley, Sally Field, David Strathairn and Lee Pace among others.
- Karrueche Tran Denied Permanent Restraining Order Against Chris Brown
- Rita Ora Flaunts Ample Cleavage in Plunging Mini Dress at De Grisogono Party in Cannes
- 'Dancing with the Stars' Finale: Does the Right Contestant Win Season 24?
- See 'Justice League' Costumes at the 2017 Licensing Expo
- Ariana Grande's Mom Rushed Fans to Safety After Explosion at Manchester Concert
- Nicki Minaj Won't Let Terrorists Win, Vows to Perform for Manchester Fans
- Irina Shayk Debuts Amazing Post-Baby Body on Cannes Red Carpet
- Tiny Leans on Floyd Mayweather for Support Following Bitter Split From T.I.