Chris Zylka Cut From 'American Horror Story' for Hesitating to Shave Head
Chris Zylka has lost his role on "American Horror Story", so it's reported. Per Zap2it, the former "The Secret Circle" actor is cut by creator Ryan Murphy as he hesitated to shave his head to portray a deaf-mute boy.
Zylka was tapped for a two-episode arc with an option to extend. However, since the Eugene "Flash" Thompson in "The Amazing Spider-Man was removed from the cast line-up, his role was reduced to a one-episode gig with another actor tackling the part.
The 27-year-old hunk was very excited when he landed a part on the show. "It is a thrill, an honor, a challenge," he said back in June. "Honestly, it was as big a thrill to book that show as it was to get a part in 'The Amazing Spider-Man'. I cannot believe I will get to be in the same room as Jessica Lange, let alone work with her."
While Zylka won't appear on the Emmy-nominated series, Frances Conroy who starred in the first season will join Lange and other original stars who return in the upcoming installment.
"AHS" season 2 is set to debut Wednesday, October 17 at 10 P.M. ET on FX. Two more promos have been released to hype up the much-anticipated return.
More American Horror Story News
- Mary J. Blige Confirms She's Divorcing Husband Kendu Isaacs After 12 Years of Marriage
- 'New Girl' Really Loves Megan Fox, Brings Her Back for Major Season 6 Arc
- 'Suicide Squad' Confirms Another DC Superhero's Appearance
- Kim Kardashian Is Unrecognizable in These TBT Photos From the 2008 Teen Choice Awards
- Watch Katy Perry Rock the DNC With 'Rise' and 'Roar'
- Kate Hudson Looks on Awkwardly as Ex Matt Bellamy Makes Out With Elle Evans in Greece
- Miley Cyrus Will Reportedly Release New Single in October
- Lindsay Lohan Spotted Drinking, Smoking and Showing Tiny Baby Bump During Vacation