Chris Zylka Cut From 'American Horror Story' for Hesitating to Shave Head
Chris Zylka has lost his role on "American Horror Story", so it's reported. Per Zap2it, the former "The Secret Circle" actor is cut by creator Ryan Murphy as he hesitated to shave his head to portray a deaf-mute boy.
Zylka was tapped for a two-episode arc with an option to extend. However, since the Eugene "Flash" Thompson in "The Amazing Spider-Man was removed from the cast line-up, his role was reduced to a one-episode gig with another actor tackling the part.
The 27-year-old hunk was very excited when he landed a part on the show. "It is a thrill, an honor, a challenge," he said back in June. "Honestly, it was as big a thrill to book that show as it was to get a part in 'The Amazing Spider-Man'. I cannot believe I will get to be in the same room as Jessica Lange, let alone work with her."
While Zylka won't appear on the Emmy-nominated series, Frances Conroy who starred in the first season will join Lange and other original stars who return in the upcoming installment.
"AHS" season 2 is set to debut Wednesday, October 17 at 10 P.M. ET on FX. Two more promos have been released to hype up the much-anticipated return.
More American Horror Story News
- Khloe Kardashian Files for Divorce From Lamar Odom Again
- Jamie Bell in Talks to Be the New James Bond
- First Look at Katherine Waterston's Daniels in 'Alien: Covenant' Image
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Plan $10M Lawsuit to Silence Former Bodyguard
- Justin Bieber Spotted on Dinner Date With Nicola Peltz
- Take a Peek at Gwen Stefani's 'Misery' Music Video in This Teaser
- Miranda Lambert Closes Her Boutique, Sells Building to Ex-Husband Blake Shelton
- 'DWTS' Pro Peta Murgatroyd and Maksim Chmerkovskiy Expecting First Child, but Something Upset Them