Bruce Willis Not Planning to Sue Apple, Wife Says
Rumor surfaced that Bruce Willis was planning to file a lawsuit against Apple because of the company's terms and conditions regarding file ownership. According to The Sun, the "Die Hard" actor has already asked his advisers to set up a trust for all of his digital music downloads which will make it possible for his three daughters, Rumer Willis, Scout Willis and Tallulah Willis, to inherit it in his demise.
However, the rumor was brushed off by Bruce's wife, Emma Heming-Willis. When one user advised her that the easier thing to do was to "just tell Bruce to give his daughter his login and password to PC and iTunes," Emma just replied with a simple note clarifying that "it's not a true story."
Even though the rumored lawsuit was not true, it still sparked controversies. According to iTunes' terms and conditions, when one "buys" music from the iTunes store, he/she only buys a license to listen to the music, and therefore technically does not own the music.
Los Angeles-based entertainment lawyer even explained it to CNN by giving an example. "When you buy a book, you own the copy of that book but not the actual material," he explained. "What you are buying here is right to use music on certain devices."
Bruce Willis, who apart from acting also enjoys singing as proven in his 1987 rendition of The Drifters' "Under the Boardwalk", is said to have a thousands of hours' worth of digital music on several iPods. He was married to Emma in 2009 after breaking up with his then-fiancee, actress Brooke Burns.
- 'The Bachelor' Recap: Nick Gets Surprise Visit From Ex Andi Dorfman After Hometown Dates
- Watch Lana Del Rey Fly to the Moon in 'Love' Music Video
- Wiz Khalifa and Amber Rose Are Batman and Batgirl at Son's 4th Birthday Bash
- Back Together? Ellie Goulding Attends London Fashion Week Parties With Ex Dougie Poynter
- 'Supergirl' 2.14 Preview: Kara and Alex's Father Is Back
- Future Flaunts Million-Dollar Chains in Flashy 'Super Trapper' Music Video
- Kanye West Is Begging Kim Kardashian to Stop Doing Plastic Surgery
- Bonjour! Emma Watson Sings 'Belle' in New 'Beauty and the Beast' Clip