Holly Madison's Baby Daddy Pasquale Rotella Charged in Corruption Case
Happy news that Holly Madison is expecting her first child with boyfriend Pasquale Rotella is marred by a report that the baby daddy is facing jail time. According to PEOPLE, the party promoter is slapped with multiple charges in a corruption case.
Rotella, along with five other people, was indicted in April on 29 counts of bribery, embezzlement, conspiracy and conflict of interest in Los Angeles. The founder and CEO of Insomniac was charged in a case stemming from rave parties held at the Memorial Coliseum.
Rotella allegedly paid city officials more than $2.5 million to make sure the events happen even though one of the concerts in summer 2010 resulted in a highly publicized fatality. ex-Coliseum event manager Todd DeStefano reportedly was one of the individuals who received the bribe.
In a statement released by his rep, Rotella insisted he "has always acted lawfully and appropriately with respect to all of his dealings with the Los Angeles Memorial Coliseum. Any allegations of wrongdoing on the part of Mr. Rotella by the District Attorney's office are completely baseless and flat-out wrong, both on the law and on the facts."
The representative added, "Any charges against Mr. Rotella are clearly politically motivated and publicity driven. As the future goes, Mr. Rotella will vigorously defend himself to clear his good name and looks forward to being completely vindicated."
On Twitter, Rotella thanked his followers for all their supports for Madison's pregnancy without mentioning anything about his legal woes, "My better half and I really appreciate all the love and congratulations! Thank you! We can't wait to meet our beautiful baby." The mom-to-be herself tweeted, "The current year will bring you much happiness."
Rotella is currently freed on bail and will return to court on September 25 for a pre-trial. If found guilty on all counts, he could face more than 13 years in prison.
- Bye 'KUWTK'! Kim Kardashian Is Focusing on Her New Show 'Glam Masters'
- Report: Kourtney Kardashian and Younes Bendjima Are Getting Serious
- Selena Gomez and The Weeknd Are Spotted on Movie Date in Chicago
- Mac Miller Wants to Cancel His Tour to Be by Ariana Grande's Side After Concert Bombing
- 'Star Wars: The Last Jedi' New Vanity Fair Covers Offer New Look at Cast Members
- Jennifer Lopez Shares Sweet Picture With Alex Rodriguez, Dubs Him Her Man Crush
- Jimmy Kimmel Predicts Rachel Lindsay's 'The Bachelorette' Final 3
- Rain and Kim Tae Hee Are Expecting Their First Child