'SNL' 38th Season Presents Seth MacFarlane, Frank Ocean, Muse, and More
NBC has announced that "Saturday Night Live" will be back for the 38th season on September 15 with funny guy Seth MacFarlane as host and newcomer Frank Ocean as musical host. This would be the first gig for both MacFarlane and Ocean.
With his appearance on the variety show, MacFarlane promotes the return of his television shows, "Family Guy", "American Dad!", and "The Cleveland Show". His DVD of talking teddy bear movie, "Ted", is also being released this fall. Meanwhile, Ocean released his debut studio album "Channel Orange" last month.
Joseph Gordon-Levitt will take MacFarlane's place the next week with Mumford & Sons as musical guests. The second-time host has a couple of movies coming up including the highly-anticipated "Lincoln". Mumford & Sons will release their second studio album on September 24.
The third week, October 6, Daniel Craig will host the show with Muse as musical guests. Craig's latest Bond movie "Skyfall" is being released in November while Muse's sixth studio album will be released on October 2.
More Saturday Night Live News
- Get First Look at Benedict Cumberbatch as Thomas Edison in 'Current War'
- Kylie Jenner Shows a Lot of Skin in Barely There Two-Piece
- Is Selena Gomez Begging for Justin Bieber's 'Blessing' to Date The Weeknd After JB Calls Him 'Wack'?
- 'Logan' Is Not Set in the Same 'X-Men' Universe, According to Hugh Jackman
- Gavin Rossdale Doesn't Want to Divorce Gwen Stefani, Says She's Still 'Incredible'
- John Legend Breaks Silence on Being Called 'Monkey' by Paparazzo
- Watch Barden Bellas Dance in 'Pitch Perfect 3' Behind-the-Scenes Video
- James Marsden Is Under Consideration to Join 'Green Lantern Corps' as Hal Jordan