'SNL' 38th Season Presents Seth MacFarlane, Frank Ocean, Muse, and More
NBC has announced that "Saturday Night Live" will be back for the 38th season on September 15 with funny guy Seth MacFarlane as host and newcomer Frank Ocean as musical host. This would be the first gig for both MacFarlane and Ocean.
With his appearance on the variety show, MacFarlane promotes the return of his television shows, "Family Guy", "American Dad!", and "The Cleveland Show". His DVD of talking teddy bear movie, "Ted", is also being released this fall. Meanwhile, Ocean released his debut studio album "Channel Orange" last month.
Joseph Gordon-Levitt will take MacFarlane's place the next week with Mumford & Sons as musical guests. The second-time host has a couple of movies coming up including the highly-anticipated "Lincoln". Mumford & Sons will release their second studio album on September 24.
The third week, October 6, Daniel Craig will host the show with Muse as musical guests. Craig's latest Bond movie "Skyfall" is being released in November while Muse's sixth studio album will be released on October 2.
More Saturday Night Live News
- Donnie Wahlberg, and Not Kim K., Sets Guiness World Record for Most Selfies in 3 Minutes
- Benedict Cumberbatch Channels Doctor Strange to Diagnose the Avengers in New Promo Clip
- Taylor Swift's Alleged Groping Photo Leaks Despite Sealed by Judge
- Nicole Richie Doesn't Regret Her Wild Past: I Was Just 'Being Me'
- Lady GaGa Makes a Japanese Bride Extra Happy With This Sweet Gesture. Watch It!
- 'Rogue One': Gareth Edwards Teases Ben Mendelsohn's 'Working Class' Character
- Laverne Cox Is a 'Bad B***h,' Slays Nicki Minaj's 'Roman's Revenge' in 'Lip Sync Battle' Clip
- Jack O'Connell to Star as Alexander McQueen in Biopic