'SNL' 38th Season Presents Seth MacFarlane, Frank Ocean, Muse, and More
NBC has announced that "Saturday Night Live" will be back for the 38th season on September 15 with funny guy Seth MacFarlane as host and newcomer Frank Ocean as musical host. This would be the first gig for both MacFarlane and Ocean.
With his appearance on the variety show, MacFarlane promotes the return of his television shows, "Family Guy", "American Dad!", and "The Cleveland Show". His DVD of talking teddy bear movie, "Ted", is also being released this fall. Meanwhile, Ocean released his debut studio album "Channel Orange" last month.
Joseph Gordon-Levitt will take MacFarlane's place the next week with Mumford & Sons as musical guests. The second-time host has a couple of movies coming up including the highly-anticipated "Lincoln". Mumford & Sons will release their second studio album on September 24.
The third week, October 6, Daniel Craig will host the show with Muse as musical guests. Craig's latest Bond movie "Skyfall" is being released in November while Muse's sixth studio album will be released on October 2.
More Saturday Night Live News
- NBC Renews 'Days of Our Lives' for 52nd Season
- Adele Secretly Tied the Knot With Simon Konecki in Low-Key Ceremony at Home
- Demi Moore Is Set to Star as Mysterious Nurse on 'Empire' Season 4
- Kylie Jenner and Tyga Make Out in Front of Son Cairo and Other Kids
- Kendall Jenner and A$AP Rocky Seen Together Again Entering a Hotel in Milan
- 'Godzilla: King of Monsters' Taps Kyle Chandler as Millie Bobby Brown's On-Screen Father
- New 'Alien: Covenant' Photo Confirms James Franco's Casting
- Beyonce and Jay-Z 'Are in the Best Place in Their Marriage'