Usher Gets Primary Custody of His Sons in Court Battle Against Ex-Wife
Usher won in a long custody battle against his former wife Tameka Foster. The R&B singer was awarded primary physical custody of their minor sons, 4-year-old Usher Raymond V and 3-year-old Naviyd Ely Raymond, by a judge on Friday, August 24.
The new custody arrangement will begin September 1. Usher and Tameka, who were engaged in bitter custody battle since splitting in 2008, will still have joint legal custody of the kids. Also, visitation of the children hasn't been determined for Tameka just yet.
Usher initially wanted to delay the August 13 hearing given that Tameka just lost her son Kile Glover, 11, after a serious boating accident. In his petition, Usher said he could lose custody of the children because he feared the judge would favor a grieving woman.
Tameka, however, accused Usher of trying to win sympathy by pretending to be affected by Kile tragedy. The stylist asked the judge to turn down his request because resolving the custody battle would help her move forward. The hearing was later held as scheduled.
In a May hearing, Usher struggled to hold back his tears when Tameka branded him a bad role model for their kids. She criticized him for his partying and bought up his alleged drug use, while he accused her of physical and verbal violence. "I didn't want the boys to know that their father put their mother in jail," he explained why he didn't press charges.
More Usher News
- Brad Pitt Voluntarily Tested for Drug and Alcohol Amid Child Abuse Allegation
- 'SNL' Finds Its New Donald Trump in Alec Baldwin After Taran Killam's Exit
- Madonna Shares Nude Pic as She Joins Katy Perry to Vote Naked
- The Weeknd Kills His Old Self in 'Starboy' Music Video
- Miley Cyrus Calls Out Disney, Says She Was Underpaid on 'Hannah Montana'
- Monsters and War Unleashed in New 'Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them' Trailer
- Video: Kim Kardashian Ambushed by Gigi Hadid's Attacker in Paris
- Lin-Manuel Miranda Heading to 'SNL' as First-Time Host