Jim Carrey May Be the Colonel in 'Kick-Ass 2'
Jim Carrey might slip into a superhero costume in his next movie. The two-time Golden Globe Award winner is being courted by Universal Pictures to take "a showy supporting role" in "Kick-Ass 2: Balls to the Wall", Deadline reports.
The 50-year-old actor/comedian will reportedly play Colonel Stars, a military-themed superhero who founds Justice Forever, a team consisting of heroes fighting crimes. The Grinch in "How the Grinch Stole Christmas" is said to be a fan of the action fantasy movie, but so far no deals are in place.
Carrey last graced the big screen through 2011's "Mr. Popper's Penguins" and will next be seen in "Burt Wonderstone", which also stars Steve Carell. He recently guest starred on NBC's comedy series "30 Rock"
Set to be a follow-up to Matthew Vaughn-directed "Kick-Ass", "Kick-Ass 2: Balls to the Wall" has Jeff Wadlow on board as the helmer. The movie will bring back Aaron Johnson, Christopher Mintz-Plasse, Chloe Moretz and Nicolas Cage as Kick-Ass, Red Mist, Hit Girl and Big Daddy respectively.
- Kim Kardashian Endorses Hillary Clinton, Shuts Down Rumor That She Votes for Donald Trump
- Angelina Jolie and Her Kids Move Into Rental House Amid Brad Pitt Divorce
- Find Out the Gender of Olivia Wilde's Second Child With Jason Sudeikis!
- Orlando Bloom and Malin Akerman Have Steamy Threesome on Netflix's 'Easy'
- Megan Hilty and Brian Gallagher Expecting Their Second Child
- Marion Cotillard's Partner Breaks Silence on Brad Pitt Affair Rumors
- Julia Roberts to Play PTA Mom Framed for Drug Possession in True-Story Movie
- Pippa Middleton's Private Photos Stolen After Her iCloud Got Hacked