Jim Carrey May Be the Colonel in 'Kick-Ass 2'
Jim Carrey might slip into a superhero costume in his next movie. The two-time Golden Globe Award winner is being courted by Universal Pictures to take "a showy supporting role" in "Kick-Ass 2: Balls to the Wall", Deadline reports.
The 50-year-old actor/comedian will reportedly play Colonel Stars, a military-themed superhero who founds Justice Forever, a team consisting of heroes fighting crimes. The Grinch in "How the Grinch Stole Christmas" is said to be a fan of the action fantasy movie, but so far no deals are in place.
Carrey last graced the big screen through 2011's "Mr. Popper's Penguins" and will next be seen in "Burt Wonderstone", which also stars Steve Carell. He recently guest starred on NBC's comedy series "30 Rock"
Set to be a follow-up to Matthew Vaughn-directed "Kick-Ass", "Kick-Ass 2: Balls to the Wall" has Jeff Wadlow on board as the helmer. The movie will bring back Aaron Johnson, Christopher Mintz-Plasse, Chloe Moretz and Nicolas Cage as Kick-Ass, Red Mist, Hit Girl and Big Daddy respectively.
- P. Diddy Throws Star-Studded Birthday Party for Girlfriend Cassie
- Kim Kardashian Says Kendall Jenner Is Banned by Uber, the Company Responds
- J Balvin Survives Plane Crash in Bahamas
- Luke Cage Reveals the Downside of Being Bulletproof in First Clip
- Justin Bieber and Sofia Richie Jet Off for Romantic Getaway Ahead of MTV VMAs
- Britney Spears Calls 'Carpool Karaoke' With James Corden 'Awkward'
- Taylor Swift Naked Wax Figure Displayed at Kanye West's 'Famous' Art Exhibit
- Tom Hiddleston's Instagram Gets Hacked