Jim Carrey May Be the Colonel in 'Kick-Ass 2'
Jim Carrey might slip into a superhero costume in his next movie. The two-time Golden Globe Award winner is being courted by Universal Pictures to take "a showy supporting role" in "Kick-Ass 2: Balls to the Wall", Deadline reports.
The 50-year-old actor/comedian will reportedly play Colonel Stars, a military-themed superhero who founds Justice Forever, a team consisting of heroes fighting crimes. The Grinch in "How the Grinch Stole Christmas" is said to be a fan of the action fantasy movie, but so far no deals are in place.
Carrey last graced the big screen through 2011's "Mr. Popper's Penguins" and will next be seen in "Burt Wonderstone", which also stars Steve Carell. He recently guest starred on NBC's comedy series "30 Rock"
Set to be a follow-up to Matthew Vaughn-directed "Kick-Ass", "Kick-Ass 2: Balls to the Wall" has Jeff Wadlow on board as the helmer. The movie will bring back Aaron Johnson, Christopher Mintz-Plasse, Chloe Moretz and Nicolas Cage as Kick-Ass, Red Mist, Hit Girl and Big Daddy respectively.
- 'Game of Thrones' Stars Talk About the Bloodbath and Power Transfer in Season Finale
- Deadpool Makes Surprise Appearance in 'X-Men: Apocalypse' Japanese Trailer
- 50 Cent Arrested in the Caribbean for Saying 'Motherf**ker' at Music Festival
- Adele Burps While Taking Selfie With a Fan Onstage. See the Hilarious Video
- Rihanna Previews New Song 'Sledgehammer' From 'Star Trek Beyond'
- Mariah Carey Shows Off Bare Butts at Her DJ Debut in Las Vegas
- Justin Timberlake Attacked by Twitter Users for His Comment on Jesse Williams' BET Awards Speech
- Artist of the Week: Calvin Harris