Jim Carrey May Be the Colonel in 'Kick-Ass 2'
Jim Carrey might slip into a superhero costume in his next movie. The two-time Golden Globe Award winner is being courted by Universal Pictures to take "a showy supporting role" in "Kick-Ass 2: Balls to the Wall", Deadline reports.
The 50-year-old actor/comedian will reportedly play Colonel Stars, a military-themed superhero who founds Justice Forever, a team consisting of heroes fighting crimes. The Grinch in "How the Grinch Stole Christmas" is said to be a fan of the action fantasy movie, but so far no deals are in place.
Carrey last graced the big screen through 2011's "Mr. Popper's Penguins" and will next be seen in "Burt Wonderstone", which also stars Steve Carell. He recently guest starred on NBC's comedy series "30 Rock"
Set to be a follow-up to Matthew Vaughn-directed "Kick-Ass", "Kick-Ass 2: Balls to the Wall" has Jeff Wadlow on board as the helmer. The movie will bring back Aaron Johnson, Christopher Mintz-Plasse, Chloe Moretz and Nicolas Cage as Kick-Ass, Red Mist, Hit Girl and Big Daddy respectively.
- Tarek El Moussa Addresses Possible Reconciliation With Christina
- Chance The Rapper and Jeremih Featured on Taylor Bennett's 'Grown Up Fairy Tales'
- Uh-Oh! 'The Vampire Diaries' Poised to Bring Back This Ultimate Villain
- Report: Miley Cyrus and Liam Hemsworth Are Moving to Australia Next Year
- Selena Gomez Goes Braless in Sexy New Pics
- Patrick Stewart Is Done Playing Professor X in 'X-Men' Franchise
- Jamie Foxx Dumps Katie Holmes Over Her Scientology Drama
- Mahershala Ali and Wife Welcome Baby Girl