Lucy Lawless Visits 'Parks and Recreation', John Slattery Joins 'Arrested Development'
"Parks and Recreation" may give Ron a new love interest. Former "Spartacus" actress Lucy Lawless has been booked to appear in at least two episodes of the show as Diane, a single mother who has a small problem in her neighborhood.
The parks department sends Ron and Andy to help her, and Andy soon notices there might be some chemistry between her and Ron. Lawless will first appear in the third episode of season 5 which will air October 4.
Other casting news comes from "Arrested Development". The comedy series has nabbed "Mad Men" star John Slattery for a multi-episode arc. However, details of his character remain unknown as a representative for the show declined to comment.
"Parks and Recreation" will return with its fifth season Thursday, September 20 on NBC. Dishing on Ron's love life in the new chapter, Nick Offerman once said, "We're hoping to maybe see a new relationship develop for Ron. One thing Ron's never succeeded at is maintaining a happy romantic relationship for any length of time. Maybe we'll get to explore that a little bit."
As for "Arrested Development", its fourth season will be released at the same time on Netflix, sometime in 2013. "It's cool and bold and funny, and out there taking chances, just like it always did," so Ron Howard, who produces and narrates the show, teased.
- Wait... What? Is Tiger Woods Saying He Doesn't Regret Cheating on Elin Nordegren?
- Marvel Pulls 'Invincible Iron Man' Cover After Accusations of 'Sexualizing' Its Underage Hero
- No More Sexy Selfies? Kim Kardashian Is Re-Emerging 'More Covered Up' and 'Less Make-Up'
- Drake Hints at Releasing New Music on His 30th Birthday. Get Details on His Celebration
- Blac Chyna Pokes Fun at Her Pregnancy Curves, Compares Herself to a Pokemon
- Amy Adams and Jake Gyllenhaal's Love Turns to Hatred in 'Nocturnal Animals' First Full Trailer
- Jay-Z and Beyonce Are Both Upset With 'Nut Job' Kanye West Following His Rant
- Justin Bieber Scolds Concertgoers for Screaming at Manchester Show