Lucy Lawless Visits 'Parks and Recreation', John Slattery Joins 'Arrested Development'
"Parks and Recreation" may give Ron a new love interest. Former "Spartacus" actress Lucy Lawless has been booked to appear in at least two episodes of the show as Diane, a single mother who has a small problem in her neighborhood.
The parks department sends Ron and Andy to help her, and Andy soon notices there might be some chemistry between her and Ron. Lawless will first appear in the third episode of season 5 which will air October 4.
Other casting news comes from "Arrested Development". The comedy series has nabbed "Mad Men" star John Slattery for a multi-episode arc. However, details of his character remain unknown as a representative for the show declined to comment.
"Parks and Recreation" will return with its fifth season Thursday, September 20 on NBC. Dishing on Ron's love life in the new chapter, Nick Offerman once said, "We're hoping to maybe see a new relationship develop for Ron. One thing Ron's never succeeded at is maintaining a happy romantic relationship for any length of time. Maybe we'll get to explore that a little bit."
As for "Arrested Development", its fourth season will be released at the same time on Netflix, sometime in 2013. "It's cool and bold and funny, and out there taking chances, just like it always did," so Ron Howard, who produces and narrates the show, teased.
- Queen Elizabeth Visits Victims of Manchester Attack in Hospital
- 'Wonder Woman' Women-Only Screening Enrages Male Fans
- T.I.'s Alleged Side Chick Bernice Burgos Reportedly Wants to Have Baby With Him
- Katy Perry Tears Up as She Pays Tribute to Manchester Bombing Victims at London Gig
- Rosario Dawson in Talks for 'X-Men: New Mutants', Two Others Eyed to Play Mirage
- Sophia Bush Exits 'Chicago P.D.' After Four Seasons
- Niall Horan Promises One Direction Reunion, With Zayn Malik
- Bella Thorne Says Cannes 'Isn't for Me' as Scott Disick Ditches Her for Ex Chloe Bartoli