First International Trailer for Mike Newell's Dark Take on 'Great Expectations'
Mike Newell's version of "Great Expectations" has got its first international trailer available for viewing pleasure. Jam-packed with dark-toned scenes, the sneak peek gives a look at how Newell manages to keep the period drama movie firmly rooted in the 1860s, as described in the original Charles Dickens classic novel.
Tackling the part of orphan Pip is Jeremy Irvine, while Holliday Grainger plays Estella. Pip rises from humble beginnings thanks to a mysterious benefactor. Moving through London's class-ridden world as a gentleman, Pip uses his new status to pursue Estella, a beautiful, heartless heiress he's always loved. The shocking truth behind his fortune will have devastating consequences for everything he holds dear.
This latest adaptation of "Great Expectations" is also supported by such actors as Ralph Fiennes who plays Magwitch, Helena Bonham Carter who portrays Ms. Havisham, and Robbie Coltrane who stars as Mr. Jaggers. The drama is set to grace theaters in the U.K. on November 30, but it still hasn't got a U.S. release date.
- Steven Tyler Confirms Aerosmith's 2017 Farewell Tour
- 'Rogue One' Releases More New Photos. Also Get Detail of Mon Mothma's Bigger Role
- Taylor Swift Flies to U.K. to Meet Tom Hiddleston's Mom. See Picture of Their Happy Outing
- 'Game of Thrones' Season Finale Won't Slow Down the Pace, People Will Die
- Audrina Patridge and Fiance Welcome Baby Girl Kirra Max
- Getting Married? Tyga Calls Kylie Jenner His 'Wifey'
- Christina Aguilera Performs 'Change' on 'Jimmy Kimmel Live!' to Support Orlando
- Justin Bieber's Music Video Vixen Xenia Deli, 26, Marries 62-Year-Old Man in Lavish Wedding