First International Trailer for Mike Newell's Dark Take on 'Great Expectations'
Mike Newell's version of "Great Expectations" has got its first international trailer available for viewing pleasure. Jam-packed with dark-toned scenes, the sneak peek gives a look at how Newell manages to keep the period drama movie firmly rooted in the 1860s, as described in the original Charles Dickens classic novel.
Tackling the part of orphan Pip is Jeremy Irvine, while Holliday Grainger plays Estella. Pip rises from humble beginnings thanks to a mysterious benefactor. Moving through London's class-ridden world as a gentleman, Pip uses his new status to pursue Estella, a beautiful, heartless heiress he's always loved. The shocking truth behind his fortune will have devastating consequences for everything he holds dear.
This latest adaptation of "Great Expectations" is also supported by such actors as Ralph Fiennes who plays Magwitch, Helena Bonham Carter who portrays Ms. Havisham, and Robbie Coltrane who stars as Mr. Jaggers. The drama is set to grace theaters in the U.K. on November 30, but it still hasn't got a U.S. release date.
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Series Finale Photos: Get First Look at Aria's Wedding Dress
- Is Khloe Kardashian Pregnant? Tristan Thompson Believes She Will Be the 'Best Mom'
- Insecure Kylie Jenner Thinks She's Ugly
- Beyonce Writes a Song About Her Newborn Twins, Plans to Release New Album Before Coachella 2018
- Gillian Anderson Goes Makeup-Free and Ditches Bra During Her Stay in Italy
- Kate Beckinsale Can't Keep Her Hands Off Toy Boy Matt Rife During Movie Date
- Kevin Feige Confirms Miles Morales Is Part of MCU
- Protective Boyfriend The Weeknd Tells Selena Gomez to Cover Up