First International Trailer for Mike Newell's Dark Take on 'Great Expectations'
Mike Newell's version of "Great Expectations" has got its first international trailer available for viewing pleasure. Jam-packed with dark-toned scenes, the sneak peek gives a look at how Newell manages to keep the period drama movie firmly rooted in the 1860s, as described in the original Charles Dickens classic novel.
Tackling the part of orphan Pip is Jeremy Irvine, while Holliday Grainger plays Estella. Pip rises from humble beginnings thanks to a mysterious benefactor. Moving through London's class-ridden world as a gentleman, Pip uses his new status to pursue Estella, a beautiful, heartless heiress he's always loved. The shocking truth behind his fortune will have devastating consequences for everything he holds dear.
This latest adaptation of "Great Expectations" is also supported by such actors as Ralph Fiennes who plays Magwitch, Helena Bonham Carter who portrays Ms. Havisham, and Robbie Coltrane who stars as Mr. Jaggers. The drama is set to grace theaters in the U.K. on November 30, but it still hasn't got a U.S. release date.
- Wait... What? Is Tiger Woods Saying He Doesn't Regret Cheating on Elin Nordegren?
- Marvel Pulls 'Invincible Iron Man' Cover After Accusations of 'Sexualizing' Its Underage Hero
- No More Sexy Selfies? Kim Kardashian Is Re-Emerging 'More Covered Up' and 'Less Make-Up'
- Drake Hints at Releasing New Music on His 30th Birthday. Get Details on His Celebration
- Blac Chyna Pokes Fun at Her Pregnancy Curves, Compares Herself to a Pokemon
- Amy Adams and Jake Gyllenhaal's Love Turns to Hatred in 'Nocturnal Animals' First Full Trailer
- Jay-Z and Beyonce Are Both Upset With 'Nut Job' Kanye West Following His Rant
- Justin Bieber Scolds Concertgoers for Screaming at Manchester Show