First International Trailer for Mike Newell's Dark Take on 'Great Expectations'
Mike Newell's version of "Great Expectations" has got its first international trailer available for viewing pleasure. Jam-packed with dark-toned scenes, the sneak peek gives a look at how Newell manages to keep the period drama movie firmly rooted in the 1860s, as described in the original Charles Dickens classic novel.
Tackling the part of orphan Pip is Jeremy Irvine, while Holliday Grainger plays Estella. Pip rises from humble beginnings thanks to a mysterious benefactor. Moving through London's class-ridden world as a gentleman, Pip uses his new status to pursue Estella, a beautiful, heartless heiress he's always loved. The shocking truth behind his fortune will have devastating consequences for everything he holds dear.
This latest adaptation of "Great Expectations" is also supported by such actors as Ralph Fiennes who plays Magwitch, Helena Bonham Carter who portrays Ms. Havisham, and Robbie Coltrane who stars as Mr. Jaggers. The drama is set to grace theaters in the U.K. on November 30, but it still hasn't got a U.S. release date.
- Kylie Jenner Wraps Her Body With Real Snake in Sneak Peek of Sexy 2017 Calendar
- Lady GaGa Shares Kindness With the Help of Taylor Kinney and Her Mom
- Shia LaBeouf Unleashes New Freestyle in Response to Soulja Boy's Threats
- Nicki Minaj Gets Heavily Criticized for Making Fun of Mentally Ill Woman
- 'The Mummy' Director on Whether Tom Cruise's Character Dies in the First Trailer
- 'Westworld' Showrunners Address Evil Dolores and Ford's Fate
- Justin Bieber Announces 2017 U.S. Stadium Tour Dates
- Blac Chyna Seems to Diss Kylie Jenner and Tyga on Snapchat. Is This Khloe's Response?