First International Trailer for Mike Newell's Dark Take on 'Great Expectations'
Mike Newell's version of "Great Expectations" has got its first international trailer available for viewing pleasure. Jam-packed with dark-toned scenes, the sneak peek gives a look at how Newell manages to keep the period drama movie firmly rooted in the 1860s, as described in the original Charles Dickens classic novel.
Tackling the part of orphan Pip is Jeremy Irvine, while Holliday Grainger plays Estella. Pip rises from humble beginnings thanks to a mysterious benefactor. Moving through London's class-ridden world as a gentleman, Pip uses his new status to pursue Estella, a beautiful, heartless heiress he's always loved. The shocking truth behind his fortune will have devastating consequences for everything he holds dear.
This latest adaptation of "Great Expectations" is also supported by such actors as Ralph Fiennes who plays Magwitch, Helena Bonham Carter who portrays Ms. Havisham, and Robbie Coltrane who stars as Mr. Jaggers. The drama is set to grace theaters in the U.K. on November 30, but it still hasn't got a U.S. release date.
- Tarek El Moussa Addresses Rumors He Called Estranged Wife Christina a 'Whore'
- George Clooney Writes Touching Tribute to Cousin and 'NCIS: LA' Star Miguel Ferrer Who Dies at 61
- Little Mix Releases Sexy and Colorful Music Video for 'Touch'
- ABC Is Considering 'Black-ish' Spin-Off Starring Yara Shahidi
- Anne Hathaway to Join Rebel Wilson in 'Nasty Women'
- Everyone Loves Chrissy Teigen for Showing Off Her Stretch Marks in New Photo
- Mandy Moore Is Eager to Have Kids 'Sooner Than Later.' Ready to Start a Family?
- Ed Sheeran Wants to Collaborate With Beyonce, Plans Tour in March