Hilary Duff Signs Up to Star on New Comedy
Hilary Duff's new role as a mother doesn't prevent her from returning to scripted TV world. The title character depicter on "Lizzie McGuire" has signed a talent/development deal with 20th Century Fox TV.
Confirming the news, the 24-year-old singer/actress posted on her Twitter account, "Ok it's official! Very excited about my development deal with 20th century fox!! t.v. here I come! :)" Under the deal, she is attached to star on and produce a half-hour comedy project.
If the project does not go forward, the studio can cast her in another comedy or drama project. However, Deadline says that "the focus of the deal is on finding a half-hour idea and tailoring it to Duff's comedic sensibilities."
Since making her breakthrough in the Disney Channel teen series, Duff has starred in a bunch of films, including "The Lizzie McGuire Movie", "A Cinderella Story" and "Material Girls". She also recurred in season 3 of "Gossip Girl" as Olivia Burke and guest starred in an episode of "Community".
Beside gearing up for her TV comeback, the "With Love" songstress is also working on a new music project. She shared in June, "I'm getting kind of nervous. Next week I have all these meetings set with different producers and writers. I'm excited to start that process and I'm so nervous."
- Ariana Grande and Mac Miller Haven't Put a Label on Relationship Even After Caught Kissing
- Naya Rivera Reveals She Got Pregnant and Had an Abortion When She Was on 'Glee'
- 'Bachelor in Paradise' Recap: A Man Gets His Heart Broken and Leaves
- Stan Lee Supports Zendaya to Portray Mary Jane in 'Spider-Man: Homecoming'
- Chris Hemsworth and Tom Hiddleston Bring Thor and Loki to Children Hospital in Australia
- Kendall Jenner Flaunts Her Booty in Unpublished Vogue Pic
- 'Pretty Little Liars' 7.10 Preview: The Kidnapper Gets Attacked
- Iggy Azalea Hits Recording Studio With Verse Simmonds