Hilary Duff Signs Up to Star on New Comedy
Hilary Duff's new role as a mother doesn't prevent her from returning to scripted TV world. The title character depicter on "Lizzie McGuire" has signed a talent/development deal with 20th Century Fox TV.
Confirming the news, the 24-year-old singer/actress posted on her Twitter account, "Ok it's official! Very excited about my development deal with 20th century fox!! t.v. here I come! :)" Under the deal, she is attached to star on and produce a half-hour comedy project.
If the project does not go forward, the studio can cast her in another comedy or drama project. However, Deadline says that "the focus of the deal is on finding a half-hour idea and tailoring it to Duff's comedic sensibilities."
Since making her breakthrough in the Disney Channel teen series, Duff has starred in a bunch of films, including "The Lizzie McGuire Movie", "A Cinderella Story" and "Material Girls". She also recurred in season 3 of "Gossip Girl" as Olivia Burke and guest starred in an episode of "Community".
Beside gearing up for her TV comeback, the "With Love" songstress is also working on a new music project. She shared in June, "I'm getting kind of nervous. Next week I have all these meetings set with different producers and writers. I'm excited to start that process and I'm so nervous."
- Khloe Kardashian Sparks Engagement Rumors After Spotted With Diamond Ring
- 'The Foreigner' Trailer: Jackie Chan Get Revenge on Pierce Brosnan
- Kourtney Kardashian and Younes Bendjima Call It Quits
- Alleged Selena Gomez and Justin Bieber Collab 'Steal Our Love' Leaks Online
- New Couple Alert? Katy Perry and Chris Martin Are Spotted Holding Hands
- Super Junior's Leeteuk Gets Robbed in Switzerland
- Kardashian-Jenner Sisters Throw Surprise Birthday Party for Khloe
- Evidence of Song Joong Ki and Song Hye Kyo's Rendezvous in Bali Revealed