Audio: Taylor Swift's 'We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together'
Taylor Swift's new single "We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together" has been made available for purchase on iTunes. The song is released just hours after a live YouTube chat to announce her next studio album "Red". It has skyrocketed to No. 1 on iTunes chart.
The breakup song comes from production hands of powerhouse musicmaker Max Martin, and features catchy hook. The pop/country music singer, who is notoriously known for taking inspiration from her own experience, sings about calling it quits with her on-and-off boyfriend.
Although she keeps the boy anonymous, she hints that he's a musician just like her. "I'm really gonna miss you picking fights," sings the 22-year-old who currently dates Conor Kennedy. "And me, falling for a screaming that I'm right. And you, will hide away and find your piece of mine with some indie record that's much cooler than mine."
Talking about her lyrics, she says, "It's pretty difficult to come up with them because I know that you guys are going to figure it out." She adds, "I'm really excited about the fact that you guys care about lyrics. Hiding little codes in lyrics is kind of a way of encouraging that."
"Red" is due to arrive in the United States on October 22, two years after her critically-acclaimed CD "Speak Now". The title represents "all the different emotions on this album they're all pretty much about the tumultuous, crazy, insane, intense, semi-toxic relationships I've experienced in the last two years and all those emotions fanning from intense love, intense frustration, intense jealousy, confusion, all of that in my mind."
"We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together" Audio Stream:
"Red" Web Chat:
More Taylor Swift News
- Anne Hathaway Admits She Faked Happiness During Her 2013 Oscar Win
- 'Real Housewives of Miami' Star Larsa Splits From Husband Scottie Pippen Amid Future Romance Rumor
- Former Bachelorette Desiree Hartsock Gives Birth to Baby Boy
- Jennifer Lawrence to Lead Zelda Fitzgerald Biopic
- Kim Kardashian's Family Shares Throwbacks and Birthday Wishes as She Turns 36
- Chris Pratt to Return to TV as Guest Star on His Wife Anna Faris' 'Mom'
- Katy Perry and Pharrell Williams Named Co-Chairs for 2017 Met Gala
- Shailene Woodley Writes Powerful Essay About Her Arrest During Pipeline Protest