Taylor Swift's New Album 'Red' to Come Out in October
Taylor Swift dropped a big announcement on Monday night, August 13. During a live YouTube chat with fans, she let her devotees be the first to know when her fourth album would be released. "I have a new album coming out October 22, and I wanted to tell you about it," she said, revealing that the new studio installment was titled "Red".
Asked about the meaning behind the album title, she said that it's from one of the songs which would be included in the upcoming effort. She shared, "I wrote a song called 'Red' and thinking about what that song means to me..."
"...and all the different emotions on this album they're all pretty much about the tumultuous, crazy, insane, intense, semi-toxic relationships I've experienced in the last two years and all those emotions fanning from intense love, intense frustration, intense jealousy, confusion, all of that in my mind, all those emotions are red. There's nothing in between, there's nothing beige about those feelings and so I called my record that."
In addition to the title track, there are fifteen other songs in the album. "We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together", which the country music singer dedicated to "my lovely ex-boyfriend," is chosen as the lead single and will be released via iTunes on Monday at midnight. Additionally, there's a duet with British musician Ed Sheeran that they co-wrote together.
Of her biggest inspiration for the album, she said, "I tend to skew in the direction of writing songs about love-related things, relationship- and feeling-related things, that's where I naturally go. I ended up being inspired by a lot of zero-to-100 then it hits a wall and explodes- type relationships which are so fun to write about, really dysfunctional and not good generally but when you write about them it gives you a lot of inspiration."
To promote the forthcoming release, Swift revealed she planned to visit some countries, including making promotional stop in New York City. She additionally claimed that she has been working on plans for a concert tour.
More Taylor Swift News
- Bob Dylan Called 'Arrogant' for Ignoring Nobel Prize Win
- 'Doctor Strange' Star Tilda Swinton Wants Her Own Marvel Movie
- Jay-Z Makes History as Nominee for 2017 Songwriters Hall of Fame
- Police Called to Larsa and Scottie Pippen's House Before Divorce Announcement
- Did Madonna Just Clap Back at Lady GaGa With This Meme?
- Leonardo DiCaprio to Play the Man Who Invented Rock and Roll in Sam Phillips Biopic
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie to Sell Their Chateau Miraval in France Amid Divorce
- Director Tim Miller Leaves 'Deadpool 2' Due to Creative Differences