Taylor Swift's New Album 'Red' to Come Out in October
Taylor Swift dropped a big announcement on Monday night, August 13. During a live YouTube chat with fans, she let her devotees be the first to know when her fourth album would be released. "I have a new album coming out October 22, and I wanted to tell you about it," she said, revealing that the new studio installment was titled "Red".
Asked about the meaning behind the album title, she said that it's from one of the songs which would be included in the upcoming effort. She shared, "I wrote a song called 'Red' and thinking about what that song means to me..."
"...and all the different emotions on this album they're all pretty much about the tumultuous, crazy, insane, intense, semi-toxic relationships I've experienced in the last two years and all those emotions fanning from intense love, intense frustration, intense jealousy, confusion, all of that in my mind, all those emotions are red. There's nothing in between, there's nothing beige about those feelings and so I called my record that."
In addition to the title track, there are fifteen other songs in the album. "We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together", which the country music singer dedicated to "my lovely ex-boyfriend," is chosen as the lead single and will be released via iTunes on Monday at midnight. Additionally, there's a duet with British musician Ed Sheeran that they co-wrote together.
Of her biggest inspiration for the album, she said, "I tend to skew in the direction of writing songs about love-related things, relationship- and feeling-related things, that's where I naturally go. I ended up being inspired by a lot of zero-to-100 then it hits a wall and explodes- type relationships which are so fun to write about, really dysfunctional and not good generally but when you write about them it gives you a lot of inspiration."
To promote the forthcoming release, Swift revealed she planned to visit some countries, including making promotional stop in New York City. She additionally claimed that she has been working on plans for a concert tour.
More Taylor Swift News
- Rihanna Warns Fans Not to Play Pokemon Go at Her Concert as Beyonce and Adele Face Same Issue
- Disney Plans 'Han Solo' Trilogy With Alden Ehrenreich
- Chrissy Teigen and Kim Kardashian Fought With Their Husbands at Each Other's Wedding
- Karl Urban Debuts His 'Thor: Ragnarok' Look. See His Newly Shaved Head
- Matt Damon and Jimmy Kimmel Go to Couples Therapy Again. Does It Work This Time?
- Jeremy Renner's Ex Claims He Refuses to Pay Child Support
- Secretly Married? See Miley Cyrus' New Band on Her Ring Finger
- Meet the Ravagers From 'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2'